Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 818202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: CSSA & CSAAA Join to start legal action- Ruger 10/22 mags

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    I sent the email, but no confirmation that I have joined the suit.

Is this everyone else's experience?
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Don't want the money, I want my firearms priveledges to remain without every dick in an office screwing with us! Go after the real bad guys! Or we will come after you,, legally, publicly!
    It's a right NOT a privilege (Common Law)
    They RCMP has a privilege to serve us (Need to stop)
    They are doing a disservice to the most law abiding and tax paying civilians

Joined the Class Action, Already a CSSA member, Additional donation on the way!
    We need to stop this B.S. We are not the criminals, so leave us alone to enjoy our Hobby/Sport!
    Member:CCFR & CPC

joined CSSA and made $100 donation. Any idea of any of our American neighbors have an interest in this fight?

Renewed membership, donated to, and emailed to join the class action.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post

Looks like there is a huge backload of emails, memberships and donations that the CSSA is wading through;
    it took them 5 days to even process my membership payment, so don't worry.

You have not "joined the suit", but have only sent the CSSA "a communication informing [the CSSA] of your willingness to participate in a class action lawsuit",
    should there even be a class action lawsuit; class actions can drag on for years and years, and this is in the very early stages.
    If you use the EE, at the very least please name your home province on your bio page.

Quote Originally Posted by kablam View Post
    joined CSSA and made $100 donation. Any idea of any of our American neighbors have an interest in this fight?
    That is an interesting thought! Any CGNers who are also members in good standing in the NRA could always send along information and links to our southern neighbours.

Methinks that while the US gun lobby will have limited access to become involved in Canadian gun politics, the American firearms industry that they (organizations like the NRA)
    have ties to hopefully still see Canada as a viable market for their products, and may want to lend support to our actions here at home.
    Last edited by carpetmonkey; 08-05-2016 at 01:03 PM.
    If you use the EE, at the very least please name your home province on your bio page.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by carpetmonkey View Post
    That is an interesting thought! Any CGNers who are also members in good standing in the NRA could always send along information and links to our southern neighbours.

Methinks that while the US gun lobby will have limited access to become involved in Canadian gun politics, the American firearms industry that they (organizations like the NRA)
    have ties to hopefully still see Canada as a viable market for their products, and may want to lend support to our actions here at home.
    For what it's worth I sent a message to Ruger via their Facebook page earlier in the week with a link about the CSSA lawsuit. Today I heard back from them and they informed me that they'll be forwarding the info to their 'Sales and Marketing Department'

I responded by saying that we can use all the help we could get, and that I'm sure all Canadian firearms owners will be eternally grateful to a manufacturer for stepping up to help us. They sent me back a 'thumbs up' I know it isn't much, but hopefully it's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post

Yes, same here. Have not heard (or received) anything back further to my email application to be part of the class action.

Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    For what it's worth I sent a message to Ruger via their Facebook page earlier in the week with a link about the CSSA lawsuit. Today I heard back from them and they informed me that they'll be forwarding the info to their 'Sales and Marketing Department'

I responded by saying that we can use all the help we could get, and that I'm sure all Canadian firearms owners will be eternally grateful to a manufacturer for stepping up to help us. They sent me back a 'thumbs up' I know it isn't much, but hopefully it's a start.
    Better than "no"

Canada has some very good stats regarding gun ownership and gun violence from my understanding.

I would think most firearm manufacturers and lobbyists that are now being threatened by the Clinton campaign would like to continue to use us a real world example of how lawful firearm ownership is not to blame for criminal activity.

The Australian disarmament campaign destroyed that hobby and profession in Australia.

Allowing us to be disarmed systematically and methodically by a similarly liberal government might be a set back, showing a worldwide trend in developed countries.