Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: New Arrivals: the Holy Grail of Mosin Nagants !!! Finnish M39 Rifles in 7.62x54R

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pcvando View Post
    I know the feeling! These things come up at the worst possible time haha
    Honestly it was all I could do to not buy a second one, and I'm not that hard core of a collector. I just like Finn rifles and the whole candy store just opened up lol.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pcvando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Honestly it was all I could do to not buy a second one, and I'm not that hard core of a collector. I just like Finn rifles and the whole candy store just opened up lol.
    Exactly haha! You got one at least, that's ahead of the game. M39's really weren't made in numbers compared to most milsurp, and these things are filled with history.

It's funny, mine shoot very well with all types of ammo too, even (dare I say) cheap surplus!

A lot of people used to thing they were just "another Mosin", however once they handled one, and learned about their history, as well as how they shoot, their minds are changed for good

I had a SkY M39, with the civil guard number placing it around Lake Ladoga. The rifle inernals were filled with sand from a lake when I disassembled it. The history behind that is so cool, to think it sat and fought on the shores of that lake, and carried that sand thousands of miles to me.

The soldiers are long gone, but their memories and rifles still remain for us to never forget.

If you bought one of these, please post many photos upon it's arrival....
    So I may live through you.
    Thank you in advance.
    Sheet Metal Workers Local 409

My two favourites both belonged to my uncle, and were bought again years after he sold them (small world). An M91 with an absolutely black stock that shoots wonderfully, and a 1935 M27 with a rear butt stock that shows German WW-I capture cartouches

I also like turning them over in my hands and just seeing how many different bits and pieces from over the decades went into a rifle. Even the refurb is part of the very tangible history - they BEGAN as refurbs and rebuilds!
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    I still predict these will sell out fast - way faster than the M48's have been moving.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

7 left...I think that's a good prediction.

Looks like mine has a wartime stock. Really close zoom in shows one round splice tip...I think... It's pretty dark wood lol

Quote Originally Posted by KND View Post
    Screw you man, I bought it. I don't even shot my other mosin nagant.
    Oh no KND,. What time does your order say? I ordered the same rifle
    C.S.S.A. + C.C. F.R.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    I have an order number but mine still doenst show sold... JP.

I think KND and I have the same problem,,
    Last edited by JimDO; 08-04-2016 at 07:02 AM.
    C.S.S.A. + C.C. F.R.

The site isn't really anything close to real time for updating, unfortunately. I watched mine this morning take several minutes to change status.

But the credit card processing is new since I last bought something. That's a plus. Not that calling up and chatting was ever a minus