Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: New Arrivals: the Holy Grail of Mosin Nagants !!! Finnish M39 Rifles in 7.62x54R

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Maybe the first 20 were just to prime the pump lol
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Why the up charge to $950 and $995 on the VKT's?? Non sneak.
    It's interesting. Weimar jack lowered some of his prices overnight and his rifles started to sell today. Some were up at $1150 before he dropped them all to $950 or less. I think he thought the Sako stock markings on VKT rifles was somehow worth more money. I do know that all dealers got the same "per rifle" dealer rate from Tradex, so the selective pricing is just profit taking based on what each dealer perceives as demand for particular markings.

I sincerely doubt Tradex thought they would sell this quickly at the $895 price point. It's been less than 48 hours and they have sold almost every rifle they posted. M39-22 is the only rifle left from the first batch that was posted, but has a cracked stock and pitted metal. Of the guns posted today, only 14 remain.

Most of the Tradex remaining VKTs still look to be $895, so are you looking at Weimarjack and P&S pricing? Trader's pricier guns were generally "sneak" guns and B-barrel guns.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    56, 57 and 58 from Tradex. Are they newer stocks?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    All "sneak" guns would be most correct with post-war stocks, but it's always possible some older stocks got recycled into production on a later gun.

I can't see the stock splice on 56, but it's a 3 piece stock with a stock maker's mark that was used during WW2 (and later) - it's PROBABLY wartime, but would need to see the splice to be sure.

57 is definitely a post-war stock and a refurbished rifle. 100%.

58 is also a post-war stock and the rifle is definitely a refurb.

Hope that helps.

PS: If you want a non-refurb wartime VKT, M39-60 is a good bet. Definitely wartime stock, doesn;t look to be overhauled, nice shape, and only $895.
    Last edited by Claven2; 08-05-2016 at 06:17 AM.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar
    How do you know if you got your rifle.... I can still add the one I purchased to my cart?
    No retreat,No surrender

I had the same prob yesterday,,, a few of us ordered the same gun.You won't know until they open tomorrow. They will email n let you know if it's already been sold. I'd suggest calling n have a backup in mind.
    C.S.S.A. + C.C. F.R.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Harry Callahan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimDO View Post
    You won't know until they open tomorrow. They will email n let you know if it's already been sold. I'd suggest calling n have a backup in mind.
    Yeah, same thing happened yesterday and all remaining rifles sold within a few hours after the store closed. They may even be sold out of the 40 rifles they added this morning as I write this.

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein, Observer, Jan. 15, 1950

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar
    Working overtime at Trade-Ex I presume.. they never planed for this... good to see though.
    No retreat,No surrender

[QUOTE=Mark-II;12869506]Love the wood on W's #620

I did buy that rifle today.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    [QUOTE=haim;12872843]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Love the wood on W's #620

I did buy that rifle today.
    Thank you, lol!

...I didn't need 2. Want is a powerful motivator, and credit a ready enabler
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets