Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212141516171819202122232425262728293032 ... LastLast

Thread: New Arrivals: the Holy Grail of Mosin Nagants !!! Finnish M39 Rifles in 7.62x54R

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by superbee View Post
    what is the best book to buy with info on the mosin M39?
    The Mosin-Nagant Rifle by Terence W. Lapin 6 th edition North Cape Publications I think I got mine off of e-bay?
    General information of all types of Mosins with specific pages on the Finnish rifles

OUch! Price really getting up there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Well the last b barrel sold over the weekend. Only sneak rifles and vkt's remain. With this import the no maker rifles will actually be common in Canada as a percentage of m39's we have here. In the dates they are considered really rare.

None of the rifles left are tempting me. All I really want still is a B, a non-refurb SkY and a mid-war pistol grip sako non-refurb, none of which are on the table at present
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Harry Callahan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    Well the last b barrel sold over the weekend. Only sneak rifles and vkt's remain. With this import the no maker rifles will actually be common in Canada as a percentage of m39's we have here. In the dates they are considered really rare.

None of the rifles left are tempting me. All I really want still is a B, a non-refurb SkY and a mid-war pistol grip sako non-refurb, none of which are on the table at present
    The no maker are not that common, I counted 17 (ten 68 and seven 67) out of well over 100 M39 available.

Production of the no maker/ no name is less than 5% of the total production of M39's while the B barrel is higher.

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein, Observer, Jan. 15, 1950

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Callahan View Post
    The no maker are not that common, I counted 17 (ten 68 and seven 67) out of well over 100 M39 available.

Production of the no maker/ no name is less than 5% of the total production of M39's while the B barrel is higher.
    I'm pretty sure there were more than that at the onset, but still, that is a lot of no maker rifles. If I didn't already have a sweet 1968, I'd buy one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Harry Callahan's Avatar
    Unless Jacques unveils some no dates (to my knowledge, he didn't post any as of yet), they were only 17 listed on Tradex page and out of these, 5 are/were showing blemishes.

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein, Observer, Jan. 15, 1950

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Has anyone seen the minor pitting on the remaining rifles?
    Deal breaker? Looks like W has removed # 85 I was watching it and #29
    All be gone soon..

Anyone notice the stock on M39-80 before it sold? Not right for a 41 VKT, but it's wearing a nice wartime 42SkY stock with a clear cartouche. That stock by itself would sell for a mint in the US to a guy with a 42 SkY but incorrect stock.

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Has anyone seen the minor pitting on the remaining rifles?
    Deal breaker? Looks like W has removed # 85 I was watching it and #29
    All be gone soon..

I'm assuming they mean blued over pitting - which is normal on a Finn as they used salvaged parts much of the time. If it had old pits, but was serviceable, it was used anyhow.

By the way - has anyone seen a transitional stock on any of these guns? That is to say the sharp pointed finger joints that were used immediately after the war when they were switching from the rounded joints and had not yet settled on the square finger joints?