Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: New Arrivals: the Holy Grail of Mosin Nagants !!! Finnish M39 Rifles in 7.62x54R

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    You're right. Typo. I meant VKT. But still possibly a sako. Would need to see the bbl.

Odd that every rifle they posted was a VKT. And also odd I'm missing a VKT...

Quote Originally Posted by pcvando View Post
    It's defnately not a Tikka, classic had less than 20 out of a lot of thousands. They didn't make many, and the price tag would be much higher

However, it's likely a nice VKT in a Sako stock, which happened from time to time, especially during post war rebuilds from what I gather.

Some straight stock VKT's have also shown up, of course, in Sako marked stocks.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pcvando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    You're right. Typo. I meant VKT. But still possibly a sako. Would need to see the bbl.

Odd that every rifle they posted was a VKT. And also odd I'm missing a VKT...
    I think it's because the Sako's classic has left are not the nicest.

The ones they are selling are bottom of the barrel. They have some Sako's left but they are holding them aside, and at a higher price of course. (I guess it's the name, even though Sako made more than VKT, making VKT's rarer)

I think it's because the Sako's classic has left are not the nicest.

The ones they are selling are bottom of the barrel. They have some Sako's left but they are holding them aside, and at a higher price of course. (I guess it's the name, even though Sako made more than VKT, making VKT's rarer)
    Possibly true. I think some day VKTs will be worth more than all but the SkY and straight stocked SAKO guns. But we shall see.

I already have a Sako and a no-maker. Was hoping for a VKT or B gun, but plenty happy to snag the VKT.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    I have a B gun but some clown bedded the action to the stock and floated the forend with a chisel. Breaks my heart.

I'd get a second one here if the first wasn't enough to put me in hock.

I guess that means I don't need a second one. Lol
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Ha! I knew it! Weimarjack (Armurie du Lac) just posted a bunch of really nice hand selects on the EE, but the prices are considerably higher than Tradex is offering them for, presumably because Jacques sorts them and provides better detail about each gun.

Now to see if P&S got some inventory too...?
    Last edited by Claven2; 08-03-2016 at 08:41 PM.

Ha! I knew it! Weimarjack (Armoire du Lac) just posted a bunch of really nice hand selects on the EE, but the prices are considerably higher than Tradex is offering them for, presumably because Jacques sorts them and provides better detail about each gun.

Now to see if P&S got some inventory too...?
    Good call! Yea, M39's will only go up in value. A lot of guys bought them for $1500+ and now the EE ones are more than 1k plus tax and shipping.

Get them while you can

Good call! Yea, M39's will only go up in value. A lot of guys bought them for $1500+ and now the EE ones are more than 1k plus tax and shipping.

Get them while you can
    The tradex VKT I picked up today came to $1010 after tax and ship - the most I've ever paid for an M39 and it's my 4th one (I still have two others, but stupidly sold a SkY marked refurb). I did maybe give over that value in trade value to get my unissued 1968 no-maker though.

These have been going up in value for a while and this small injection will boost collector interest IMHO.

The tradex VKT I picked up today came to $1010 after tax and ship - the most I've ever paid for an M39 and it's my 4th one (I still have two others, but stupidly sold a SkY marked refurb). I did maybe give over that value in trade value to get my unissued 1968 no-maker though.

These have been going up in value for a while and this small injection will boost collector interest IMHO.
    Nice! Mine didn't come cheap either. That being said, they are worth it IMO.

Now to find that Tikka, and Postolupolus marked one

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Love the wood on W's #620

Was a bad time to need brakes.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Love the wood on W's #620

Was a bad time to need brakes.
    I know the feeling! These things come up at the worst possible time haha