Page 59 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3949515253545556575859606162636465666769 ... LastLast

Thread: US M14 Parts Kits

Quote Originally Posted by cigar_man View Post
    Could someone post a picture of what the exact heavy barrel profile looks like that came with these kits?

Does anyone know who manufactured these?

Please and Thank You.
    Will post photos tomorrow as photobucket has quit working for me

Quote Originally Posted by NickTdot View Post
    Quick question. The original post states that the kit comes with a chopped receiver. But the pictures don't show that. I would certainly like the demilled receiver as a bookshelf item..

Is the chopped receiver in the parts kit?
    No rear receiver as per DFAIT who were advised by the RCMP that the part of the receiver with the selector lock was the prohibited part and could not be imported. I did bring that to customers attention in a later post.

Does anyone know how would the accuracy of one of these kits assembled compare to a new m1a national match?
    Insert list of guns you own here:
    (Who needs a registry if everyone advertises what they own)

Scrap Bill C-68

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeschurman View Post
    Does anyone know how would the accuracy of one of these kits assembled compare to a new m1a national match?
    No? Also it would depend on what receiver was used to complete it, how much work was done to the bolt, receiver, barrel, etc, to make everything fit.

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeschurman View Post
    There are too many variables to list..... and my Crystal ball seems to be on the fritz!

But I would expect that if you took a Loaded or NM SAI, and shot it against a properly assembled HB parts kit, that the HB kit would shoot circles around the NM.

I haven't seen many SAI rifles that were "match ready" out of the box.

Now if you took a properly assembled SAI NM or Loaded, then i expect the rifles accuracy would be comparable.

John

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by t-star View Post
    does it at any time say if the surplus m14s were re-assembled into m14s and shipped out in that first sea-can we got from Israel back in the 90's- i'm having a hard time believing that all those rifles were sniper rifles
    Do you recall what stocks those came with?

those heavy barrels went crazy fast

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasWC View Post
    those heavy barrels went crazy fast
    just over an hour

Quote Originally Posted by Sh0ckw4v3 View Post
    Do you recall what stocks those came with?
    All the rifles I saw from those shipments in the 90's had standard GI fiberglass stocks. I never heard of any heavy barrels amongst them.

CGN Regular

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    All the rifles I saw from those shipments in the 90's had standard GI fiberglass stocks. I never heard of any heavy barrels amongst them.
    That would be consistent with what I've read: those were almost certainly parts kits assembled from their spare parts supply (comprised of rejected rifles), not former sniper rifles. The only way to be certain you're getting former sniper rifles is if their stocks were at a minimum painted with a recoil pad installed, if not the cheek riser, obviously assuming the stocks weren't switched out at some point.

The vast majority of their sniper rifles had the standard barrel profile. It would be interesting to learn what the military application of the heavier barrel was for. Given the date of manufacture of the barrels is years after the original rifles themselves had been delivered by the United States, I would suspect they were ordered by contract from Saco-Lowell / General Dynamics by IMI for some specific purpose. These barrels have since been reproduced by LRB Arms, and they've proven quite accurate.

You would think your standard kits would be more likely to have parts from a single manufacturer depending on their condition before they left the U.S., as the heavy barreled builds would have been put together in Israel by IMI armourers.

On a more personal note, I'm hoping my special request for my parts kits is something your team can manage for me. I'm very happy to get high quality parts kits - I missed out on the heavy barreled kits by seconds as they were removed from my cart before I could enter my payment information - just hoping they're as special as I suspect they might be when I get them in my hands.