Page 47 of 77 FirstFirst ... 273739404142434445464748495051525354555767 ... LastLast

Thread: US M14 Parts Kits

I guess this is as good a place to ask as any. Can anyone lend some insight into the pro's, con's and differences associated between a light or heavy barrel? Aside from size/weight of course.

Also Wolverine; I know you guys are busy right now as well as understaffed due to SHOT, just wanted to say I fired you off an email last night. Thanks for doing this folks.
    Last edited by Jacobean; 01-19-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duff350 View Post
    you said you received around 200 parts kits..... Do you plan to import more ?!

I'm a bit short on $$$... I would like to know if I will have an other occasion to buy one !
    That will depend on how quickly these sell and if more are available and the cost associated with bringing them in.

CGN frequent flyer
    Thx sir

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    No, parts are not sorted by manufacture.
    Will a parts kit generally come from the same manufacturer or will they be Frankenstein parts kit (all parts from different manufacturers) ?
    Hanser " Procrastinate now, don't put it off "
    -God Bless North America - Especially Alberta!!!
    -Some people are just dying to meet a Paramedic... Please God! Not ANOTHER learning experience!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    (Its not the ZOMBIES that scare me, it is THE NEW WORLD ORDER)

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hfp75 View Post
    Will a parts kit generally come from the same manufacturer or will they be Frankenstein parts kit (all parts from different manufacturers) ?
    I was going to ask the same question, but I think it would be extremely time consuming to verify this manually for that many parts kits, especially when they're short handed. That stated, I would certainly prefer waiting a few more days until they've been able to verify that a sample of the parts kits are homogeneous in manufacturer, and sort them by manufacturer.

It would be great to know which manufacturers are represented, and be able to request a specific maker of a complete parts kit. A complete TRW parts kit could fetch quite a premium, though I would personally be very happy with a complete Springfield Armory kit without a premium attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Sh0ckw4v3 View Post
    I was going to ask the same question, but I think it would be extremely time consuming to verify this manually for that many parts kits, especially when they're short handed. That stated, I would certainly prefer waiting a few more days until they've been able to verify that a sample of the parts kits are homogeneous in manufacturer, and sort them by manufacturer.

It would be great to know which manufacturers are represented, and be able to request a specific maker of a complete parts kit. A complete TRW parts kit could fetch quite a premium, though I would personally be very happy with a complete Springfield Armory kit without a premium attached.
    I would think that they are just going to be complete from one rifle (less the receiver) as it is military it would we a mix of parts, like the Nam 1911's that came into the country many years ago. Tactical Teacher had suggested at his course to purchase a couple of parts kits and then you can mix and match.
    "If you wanted me to fix it right it would have cost you more"

From what I have seen they are a typical mixture of manufactures. To sort all the parts 20 of each by manufacture and then re-bag them would be a large undertaking. How much extra would people be willing to pay? What guarantee would they sell after we have sorted them. I am not convinced that this is the way to go.

From what I have seen they are a typical mixture of manufactures. To sort all the parts 20 of each by manufacture and then re-bag them would be a large undertaking. How much extra would people be willing to pay? What guarantee would they sell after we have sorted them. I am not convinced that this is the way to go.
    Nor I. Not to mention I guarantee that there would be odd numbers between manufacturers. You would be left with more than a few incomplete kits. Also unless it's trw I doubt people would mind much for matching anyhow.
    I'm perfectly happy as long as they are not mixed between rifles. These are military grade M14 snipers, for 950 bucks...What more could a guy ask for??
    I am a kit hor(der)

Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    Nor I. Not to mention I guarantee that there would be odd numbers between manufacturers. You would be left with more than a few incomplete kits. Also unless it's trw I doubt people would mind much for matching anyhow.
    I'm perfectly happy as long as they are not mixed between rifles. These are military grade M14 snipers, for 950 bucks...What more could a guy ask for??
    What do you mean by: I'm perfectly happy as long as they are not mixed between rifles.

What do you mean by: I'm perfectly happy as long as they are not mixed between rifles.
    Oh just that I would prefer not to mix parts from two different rifles, as you've received them. (Unless some parts are no good of course) But again, beggars can't be choosers. At the end of the day I'm just overjoyed to have a (basically) complete m14 designated marksmans rifle for 950 bucks.
    Cannot thank you enough for bringing these in.
    I am a kit hor(der)