Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tactical Teacher 2016 Western Road Trip - Back Home Safely!!

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    It was a straightforward 650 Klik run up to my in-laws cottage/camp up in the Soo or Batchawana Bay, I should say.

I was thinking about the heat at the Fort LaBosse and Milo Ranges we will be shooting our CQB clinics at. If you shooters happen to have an event tent to erect and shield yourselves from the hot sun, that would be a wise idea to bring it along!

Tomorrow we hit the road for Thunder Bay, ON. A straight forward 700 to 750 Km run.

Yahooo... See you all soon...

Barney
    Supposed to be a hot one tomorrow in southern mb
    “Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them.” - Jeff Cooper

Business Member
    Rain coming down here in Hargrave, MB where I'm doing the BnB thing. Yeah, it will be a wet one tomorrow, but it's a perfect opportunity to see what works and what doesn't work.

We will have fun here at Ft. LaBosse GC or the one behind Wolverine Supplies....

Cheers,

Barney

Dang when you said west I thought you meant REALLY west like BC. I live for the day I can take one of your M14 classes. So are you teaching the electrical FSR course?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColKurtz View Post
    Dang when you said west I thought you meant REALLY west like BC. I live for the day I can take one of your M14 classes. So are you teaching the electrical FSR course?
    I just took the Electrical Techniques program and it's pretty well a "pre apprenticeship" program to introduce prospective sparkies to the trade. I had a great time!

Okay, I'm doing the second day of the CQB clinic tomorrow and then on Monday, I drive to Calgary area to start the CQB clinics on 6-7 Sep and then 8-9 Sep. Nothing in BC this time around because I've got to head back to Garrison Petawawa for ANOTHER CQB clinic on 17-18 Sep.

Life is fantastic...

Cheers,
    Barney

Business Member
    I'm home now. Four days of driving. All went well. Life is good.

Now just unpacking and also ensuring the rifles are locked and put away. It's been an epic trip and I have so much to be thankful for. Right now, I just need to hang out with my smarter half.

I'll be debriefing here as time goes by. Thanks for all your support especially when I was 2 time zones away from home!

Barney

Business Member
    Had my first night of sleep back in my own bed. Makes one appreciate the simplicity of coming back home and also the joy of being on the road meeting people and making new friends. Life is good.

"If you want to be great, be grateful!"

I have much to be thankful for:

I'm thankful for the sponsors, reps, sales managers, sales staff, owners who had my back across the miles.
    I'm thankful to my pointmen organizers like Grumpy Wolverine, Buckaroo, TSE-JR who hosted me so graciously
    I'm thankful to the supporters at every stop, every evening, every stand for having me there
    I'm thankful for the new friends I've made
    I'm thankful for the warm welcome I received from Milo Range CDTSA's club president: Carl
    I'm thankful for having another safety volunteer like Guy S who verified all my crazy PPCLI stories, because he was THERE! from Battle School to Deployment and to our release from the CAF to become who we are today... been a great 40 year run! Thanks!

I'm thankful for my hosts in Thunder Bay and the Soo
    I'm thankful for my host and new Match Director Buckaroo who put up with my snoring inside his 19' travel trailer on the Milo Range
    I'm most thankful to the Honey Wagon staffers at Milo Range who prepared a fresh facility for our use on day 3 and 4 at Milo Range (8-9 Sep)

I'm grateful for this super community across the county (and here on CGNutz), without your support, I would still be Hungry (get the pun?)

Cheers and warmest regards,

And now to pack the truck (or leave it packed) for the trip to Garrison Petawawa for the 17-18 Sep CQB clinic

Barney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12