Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CSSA Fund Raiser

Already a cssa member, but I kicked in a little something for the cause. I think those mags are junk, but I support anyone's wish to blast away if that's what they want. And thanks for the interesting link, GS. It's somewhat gratifying to have confirmation of what I've always known instinctively.
    Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.~Thomas Jefferson

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Snake View Post
    I personally donated $250 directly to the fund, and now I feel like I wasted my money. Everyone ranted about how terrible this is, how unjust it all is, but when it came time to put their money where their mouth is, they just vanished. I'm just going to turn in my GSG drum mag to avoid any problems.
    I hear ya! I've stopped all 'official' donations/contributions to the firearm's community, pending collective growth of nutsacks on this crowd.

Sure, I'll still put in time or money behind the scenes (for individuals), but as a group: hell with us!

Most groups/teams/organizations/places of employment ect, there are 10% of the members that do all the work, with the other 90% just dragging their feet, or demanding to be carried. With us, however, it seems like: 1% do the work, 9% parasitize the effort, and the other 90% couldn't even give a damn!

Yes, I understand that most people just want to be left alone, and we (gun owners) are under intense pressure and scrutiny, from the villains looking to disarm/castrate us. Still though....what a bunch of.....I don't know.

(*You can see the morning coffee starting to work, over the course of this post. )
    Last edited by CoonT; 08-13-2016 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    I'm not sure why you feel the need to rip on so many people but the reality is most Canadians (even gun owners) have no idea this is even occurring. Not everyone has $250 bucks lying around that they can donate. If you do that's great, but it's extremely self serving to sit around and pat yourself on the back while belittling everyone else around you as if no one else cares.

I did enjoy your pseudo-intellectual quote though.
    I'm not trying to pat myself on the back. When everyone was going on in the hi-cap mag thread about how much they were donating, I kept my mouth shut and did my part for what I perceived as a "war effort". I'm just expressing my disappointment in the lack of response from others. If the community really cared about stopping RCMP and government encroachment on firearms use, they would be making EVERY effort to stop this, not just the least effort. Everyone with a hi-cap mag can afford a brick of 22lr to feed it. If they donated the cost of that brick to the cause, instead, then I'm pretty sure we'd be a lot further ahead than $12,000 in the war chest.

As for "no one else cares", what would you call it? If they're upset about this interpretation change, but not chipping in because they think the problem is too big for them to make a difference ("You can't fight the government!") do you really call that "caring"? If you're not at least talking with everyone down at the range about this issue, trying to get the word out and get people involved in fighting back, do you really "care"? And if voicing my disappointment in peoples apathy is "belittling", then you deserve to be belittled. If you're not going to fight back to defend your property when thugs come to take it from you, then you deserve to lose your property. If you're just going to curl up in a little ball and scream "Not me! Take their things! Hurt them! But please leave me alone!" then you certainly don't deserve my respect.

Edit: Speaking of respect, this is a sponsor's forum, and this thread is about using Frontier's site to donate to the 10/22 high capacity magazine legal fight. I am not going to respond to any attempts to bait me into a fight just for someone's amusement.

To all of Frontier's customers, I don't think any of you have had a bad word to say about the company or the people running it. This fight isn't about keeping high capacity rimfire magazines. There is no one-off Great Charge to Victory. This is trench warfare against an enemy that wants to take away not just our firearms, but to take away our right to express who we are as people. We are fighting to keep our freedom, meter by meter, and we need your help. During World War 2, people who were able to bought Victory Bonds to support the war effort. Those who could not afford to do so still did their part. They collected the bacon grease from their breakfasts for the munitions factories. They salvaged an old tire from a ditch to make new tires for jeeps. They scrounged everywhere for scrap steel to build tanks. You can do the same. Consider how much you spent on ammo at your last range session. Couldn't you donate that much to this war effort? If skipping one range day and donating that ammo money could ensure that you can keep shooting for the rest of your life, isn't it worth that one small sacrifice? If the enemy wins, then stores like Frontier will be closed, and the people that run them will be deprived of their livelihood.

It's said "For want of a nail, the kingdom did fall". You can provide that nail. You can BE that nail. Even if you can't donate money, you can still talk to people. Inform them about these issues. Tell them about this website. Get involved. Be the nail. If we can win this fight, we can win others. As we win more fights, more people will join in the cause.

If we win enough fights we can win this war, but we can't do it if you don't first stand up and say "Hell yes, I'm fighting back any way I can!".
    Last edited by Ghost Snake; 08-13-2016 at 10:15 AM.
    Nothing changes until people start dying, usually by starvation.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    I hear ya! I've stopped all 'official' donations/contributions to the firearm's community
    We have noticed this trend. As of last night there was a total of $76 donated (2/3 was by 1 individual). That was roughly 10 cents for every person who viewed the thread. Since we put the $5 donation up there was over 4000 views of the product, and only 1 person donated (just over 1 cent per view). I remember when dealers first started to do the CSSA donations and instantly any dealer who did not have this option (our old site was complicated and it was difficult to add) was talked about as been boycotted for not supporting firearms.

The fact is the the gun orgs are a very low priority, yet every time something new is thrown at us we see threads pop up instantly saying "Where is the CSSA on this?". Yet I have noticed I have noticed how even our satire threads about scary gun sales will get 2-3 times the views in the same time as this thread.

CSSA is not perfect, however they are perhaps the only unified voice we have in Canada. The Conservatives are no longer able to help us (except for the actions of a few MPs who may take up a cause).

The fact is that the shooting community as a whole does not care, and would rather spend their time coming up with reasons why dont want to help, then to participate. 2-3% of Gun owners are part of an org (I am sure the number on CGN is 10-15%). When C68 Part 2 (delivered by PET Part 2) drops sometime in the next 2-3 years, will you be able to say you contributed to stop it? Even if the Orgs are not able to hold back the Government, is it still not better to support those who will fight then to let things happen and ask "where is the CSSA"?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    We have noticed this trend. As of last night there was a total of $76 donated (2/3 was by 1 individual). That was roughly 10 cents for every person who viewed the thread. Since we put the $5 donation up there was over 4000 views of the product, and only 1 person donated (just over 1 cent per view). I remember when dealers first started to do the CSSA donations and instantly any dealer who did not have this option (our old site was complicated and it was difficult to add) was talked about as been boycotted for not supporting firearms.
    2 things.

1) I made on at about 11 or so (EST) last night via EMT, just wondering if you guys received it or not because I haven't got the email that it's been processed.
    2) Would it be possible to add a donation option to the check out procedure? I've seen a few businesses do this with other things and it often works because you're checking out for whatever ungodly amount to begin with and figure "Sure what's another 2 bucks" Kind of like when you check out at the grocery store and they sneak in the old "Would you like to help *blah blah blah* today?"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunneegoogoo View Post
    but he's also right about how castrated we are becoming as a nation and society.
    That goes without saying, but it applies to firearms owners less than most groups.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'm not trying to pat myself on the back. When everyone was going on in the hi-cap mag thread about how much they were donating, I kept my mouth shut and did my part for what I perceived as a "war effort". I'm just expressing my disappointment in the lack of response from others. If the community really cared about stopping RCMP and government encroachment on firearms use, they would be making EVERY effort to stop this, not just the least effort. Everyone with a hi-cap mag can afford a brick of 22lr to feed it. If they donated the cost of that brick to the cause, instead, then I'm pretty sure we'd be a lot further ahead than $12,000 in the war chest.

As for "no one else cares", what would you call it? If they're upset about this interpretation change, but not chipping in because they think the problem is too big for them to make a difference ("You can't fight the government!") do you really call that "caring"? If you're not at least talking with everyone down at the range about this issue, trying to get the word out and get people involved in fighting back, do you really "care"? And if voicing my disappointment in peoples apathy is "belittling", then you deserve to be belittled. If you're not going to fight back to defend your property when thugs come to take it from you, then you deserve to lose your property. If you're just going to curl up in a little ball and scream "Not me! Take their things! Hurt them! But please leave me alone!" then you certainly don't deserve my respect.

Edit: Speaking of respect, this is a sponsor's forum, and this thread is about using Frontier's site to donate to the 10/22 high capacity magazine legal fight. I am not going to respond to any attempts to bait me into a fight just for someone's amusement.

To all of Frontier's customers, I don't think any of you have had a bad word to say about the company or the people running it. This fight isn't about keeping high capacity rimfire magazines. There is no one-off Great Charge to Victory. This is trench warfare against an enemy that wants to take away not just our firearms, but to take away our right to express who we are as people. We are fighting to keep our freedom, meter by meter, and we need your help. During World War 2, people who were able to bought Victory Bonds to support the war effort. Those who could not afford to do so still did their part. They collected the bacon grease from their breakfasts for the munitions factories. They salvaged an old tire from a ditch to make new tires for jeeps. They scrounged everywhere for scrap steel to build tanks. You can do the same. Consider how much you spent on ammo at your last range session. Couldn't you donate that much to this war effort? If skipping one range day and donating that ammo money could ensure that you can keep shooting for the rest of your life, isn't it worth that one small sacrifice? If the enemy wins, then stores like Frontier will be closed, and the people that run them will be deprived of their livelihood.

It's said "For want of a nail, the kingdom did fall". You can provide that nail. You can BE that nail. Even if you can't donate money, you can still talk to people. Inform them about these issues. Tell them about this website. Get involved. Be the nail. If we can win this fight, we can win others. As we win more fights, more people will join in the cause.

If we win enough fights we can win this war, but we can't do it if you don't first stand up and say "Hell yes, I'm fighting back any way I can!".
    I actually agree with the bulk of what you're saying here, but it's impossible for you to know what others are, or aren't doing in an effort towards the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    I actually agree with the bulk of what you're saying here, but it's impossible for you to know what others are, or aren't doing in an effort towards the cause.
    I will grant you that point, but considering how many firearms owners there are in Canada the response so far is obviously less than enthusiastic. This means that we, ourselves, are lacking. Either we are lacking communications, we are lacking resources, we are lacking cohesiveness as a unified force or, most importantly, we are lacking CLEAR DIRECTION.

What we really need is a general or two who can not only rally the troops, but effectively communicate to the troops where, when and how to fight. I think Rod Giltaca would be a great colonel, but Patton he ain't. To be honest, I'm not sure there are any Canadians left who can rise to that challenge.

Oooooooooooo..... interesting thought on rallying the troops.

Everyone seems to like games these days. What if we turned this into an Internet War Game? Call it "Firearms for Freedom" or something catchy, have maps similar to the old hexagonal space battle maps showing the different players (MPs, CFP, RCMP field offices, Media, CSSA, CCFR, gun clubs, etc) and positions (Parliament, legislatures, ranges, retailers and wholesalers, Canada Customs, etc) and battles (legislation, bureaucratic decisions, media campaigns, fundraising drives, etc).

This would provide a common ground for everyone to communicate and participate in a directed manner that would prove far more effective than the haphazard insurgency-style manner we are currently employing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I will grant you that point, but considering how many firearms owners there are in Canada the response so far is obviously less than enthusiastic. This means that we, ourselves, are lacking. Either we are lacking communications, we are lacking resources, we are lacking cohesiveness as a unified force or, most importantly, we are lacking CLEAR DIRECTION.

What we really need is a general or two who can not only rally the troops, but effectively communicate to the troops where, when and how to fight. I think Rod Giltaca would be a great colonel, but Patton he ain't. To be honest, I'm not sure there are any Canadians left who can rise to that challenge.
    This is a complete pipe dream, but I'm really hoping some of the manufacturers might show some interest in all of this. Most of them have longer money than we can dream of, but they seem content to let their industry be chipped away at while hoping for that next big military contract. Apparently they haven't seen how that's worked for Colt over the years.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast