Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CSSA Fund Raiser

Benjamin Franklin said it best, and this definitely applies to the gun community as a whole "we all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately". The anti gun lobby's goal is the end of private gun ownership no compromise.
    CCFR, CSSA, NFA member

Sent in a donation. It is incredibly frustrating to constantly be subjected to the CFO/RCMP/Government/SJW/etc.'s nonsense when it comes to firearms, and I always wonder what would be the final straw for Canadian gun owners. Is there one?

CGN Regular
    Remember also that some people like me gave already donated. I pitched in 25$ yesterday. I'm going to ask guys at my work also.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    Please keep in mind that you can donate through their website as well. Or any of the other dealers who offer an online way.

CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    We are just processing orders now. It will be a feature we can add and I think it would increase donations. However a slight increase to something that is crumbs will not accomplish allot more. A small percentage are still doing most of the pushing in this one. That said thank you for your generous donation!
    An option at checkout always worked for me, moreso than an extra item to find and ad.

What do you think the tactic is here? I personally think the RCMP is targeting the 10/22 specifically because it's so popular. It will drain the coffers and donations of the CSSA / NFA, get caught up in court. Then once that's all tied in barbwire, they will attack the ARs without any opposition or very limited opposition. 10 rounds to a magazine, yeah I can handle that. Still able to shoot a gun I love with a limitation of 10 rounds, or the out right ban of an entire rifle class that you can never shoot again. Don't get blinded by the petty stuff. I'll pick my battles, because they are sure to come.

Tried to donate $50. Went through the process, but when I got to the "drop down" thing, for the CC Expiry Date, it didn't appear to be functioning. Submitted anyhow - hopefully it worked.

i will donate know that i know they are looking for donations..that being said I joined the cssa awhile ago however it is not very good at promoting their needs or what they are doing, i rarely ever hear anything that they are doing or where they are at. I receive a magazine once and awhile thats about it..Nfa is always keeping me posted on what they are doing etc..maybe that's the issue not a bunch of cheap people

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsytrain View Post
    What do you think the tactic is here? I personally think the RCMP is targeting the 10/22 specifically because it's so popular. It will drain the coffers and donations of the CSSA / NFA, get caught up in court. Then once that's all tied in barbwire, they will attack the ARs without any opposition or very limited opposition. 10 rounds to a magazine, yeah I can handle that. Still able to shoot a gun I love with a limitation of 10 rounds, or the out right ban of an entire rifle class that you can never shoot again. Don't get blinded by the petty stuff. I'll pick my battles, because they are sure to come.
    I'm willing to bet their tactic is to have someone go to court over a Ruger mag knowing they'll lose. They'll then have a reason to actually have the magazine laws re-written. At that point we likely get a law that says a magazine can only be used in what it was originally designed. As oppose to it being classified for what it was originally designed. Then they get to take away LAR, Beowulf, 40 s&w mags with 9mm in them, etc. And the thing is, doing that would make more sense than the way the laws are currently written so it isn't going to be hard to get public support behind it.

Obviously it's up to you, but I'd advise against waiting too long to pick a battle. If the 10/22 falls, anything else is a slam dunk. If this battle is handled the right way, it could potentially limit a lot of them in the future.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by fridgie View Post
    i will donate know that i know they are looking for donations..that being said I joined the cssa awhile ago however it is not very good at promoting their needs or what they are doing, i rarely ever hear anything that they are doing or where they are at. I receive a magazine once and awhile thats about it..Nfa is always keeping me posted on what they are doing etc..maybe that's the issue not a bunch of cheap people
    Make sure you have e-mail updates enabled. I get newsletters from the CSSA regularly.
    Last edited by rkm456; 08-14-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast