Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CSSA Fund Raiser

CGN Regular
    If the efforts fail, (which we hope they don't,) then those who donated feel out of pocket for nothing. The CCFR did have an amazing prize raffle this spring and in the process defiantly paid for their startup cost and had a hands on prize available to be won. No one trusts lawyers, that's the running cliche joke, so donating to them isn't something people are excited to get on board with. But a chance to win a Rugger 10/22 or a Sako, or a Colt Canada MRR would solicit a $50 donation from me, and I'm unemployed! Show me there's a chance to get something more then a compromised buy back and shaming for being in position of such an unlawful device that causes such PUBLIC SAFETY CONCERNS, and I'll open right up.
    We just can't have nice things!

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    Thank you all, donations now stand at $336.00.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    That's a little more like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    Good to see this moving now! Thanks to everyone who's helping to push this along!
    Nothing changes until people start dying, usually by starvation.

I sent CSSA a cheque before the shyt hit the fan over the mags as I do with both NFA and CSSA yearly. Plan to send another cheque to CSSA the end of Aug to support this legal action.

CD
    Guns are like potato chips....you can never have just one.

Never trust a politician who says, "trust me".

I will never get used to Big Brother looking over my shoulder!

I have seen the future.................and it SUCKS!!!!
    (born in the wrong time & place)

Theme songs:
    "I Wanna Go Back" by Eddie Money http://www.lyricsdownload.com/eddie-...ck-lyrics.html
    "Dream On" by Aerosmith http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/aerosmi..._20004389.html

I would personally like to hear what is being done by the orgs...

Sent a donation directly to them already, just did another through you folks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by wbaad View Post
    i would personally like to hear what is being done by the orgs...
    cssa:

etobicoke, ontario - the canadian shooting sports association (cssa), representing recreational firearms owners, has joined with the canadian sporting arms and ammunition association (csaaa), representing firearms business owners, to empower legal action against the recent decision by the royal canadian mounted police firearms program to prohibit several brands of imported 10/22 extended capacity rifle magazines.

The csaaa and cssa boards of directors voted late last week to raise and contribute funding to a legal defence fund to make this legal action possible.

The action will be conducted by noted firearms lawyer edward l. Burlew, l.l.b. , general counsel for the cssa.

Mr. Burlew states, "this recent, sudden reversal deprives legal firearms owners of their property rights and attacks their freedom. The rcmp has a duty to every canadian to act fairly and consistently. The recent decision to reverse position on ruger 10/22 magazines holding over 10 cartridges is a deliberate move to cause serious worry to hundreds of thousands of canadians, licenced firearms dealers and importers."

burlew adds, " a federal court class action on behalf of all persons, individuals, dealers and distributors who now possess cartridge magazines to fit the ruger 10/22 that can contain more than 10 cartridges will be commenced. The purpose of the action is to seek a judgement that these magazines are not prohibited, to declare the magazine capacity restrictions void as unconstitutional or in the alternative to force a buy-back of each at full retail value. A claim for the intentional infliction of mental distress due to the fear of police action and criminal charges will be included."

Maybe contact them and suggest the firearms community is looking for some feed back regarding their financial support and in general where things are at...would be a big moral boost and momentum boost.

Will you guys be doing a cssa thing again?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast