Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Discussing the ANS PAL validation policy

Super GunNutz
    i never sent a scan of my RPAL,,but i do call in to verify anything they want,usually the buisnesses are pretty good about that..

Quote Originally Posted by GunGuy34 View Post
    Wolverine Supplies requires a scan of a PAL, P&D enterprises requires it, SFRC requires it. Just to name a few. Its not a big deal.
    I've bought two firearms from one of the vendors you listed in the last year, one was a non restricted and next one was a restricted in the last couple of months. never sent a scan copy of my rpal and received both in a timely manner.
    just don't want to name them in another vendors forum..........

CGN frequent flyer
    I've never understood the point of a scan. It seems to me photoshopping a PAL with fake data is only a little bit harder then just sending fake data. Well, OK I guess that's the point but still it's only a little harder.

Expired Business Member
    No photoshop necessary. It won't work with us.

We'll take the information from your PAL, punch it into the CFP website, and it'll spit this out.

Name:  validation.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  46.5 KB

We will only ship to the address found under Individual Information.

Given the present political climate would you want to be the store found to have sold a firearm without due diligence? Their livelihoods are on the line and I don't think its unreasonable to ask for a scan and to call in every transaction. I sure as hell would, and if someone didn't like it, they could buy elsewhere.

ETA: Seems like a very sensible and bulletproof (pardon the pun) approach to me. I'd be happy to comply.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jadam View Post
    Given the present political climate would you want to be the store found to have sold a firearm without due diligence? Their livelihoods are on the line and I don't think its unreasonable to ask for a scan and to call in every transaction. I sure as hell would, and if someone didn't like it, they could buy elsewhere.
    This sums up the "why?" pretty well. Thanks! -C
    Last edited by HalifaxArmyNavyStore; 08-11-2016 at 08:58 PM.

if a store has something i really want?, i`ll send them any info they require to make the purchase happen. to those that refuse, thanks, means more deals left on the table for me ! :-)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ok great you ask for a scan so that you can check cfp and verify address blah blah, then what? is the scan destroyed? is the info kept on a computer or in a database somewhere?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-boss-man View Post
    ok great you ask for a scan so that you can check cfp and verify address blah blah, then what? is the scan destroyed? is the info kept on a computer or in a database somewhere?
    The scan goes into our email, we'll use it and then it's deleted. We keep the info the CFO requires us to keep. Unfortunately some of that is personal information but that's the way it goes. All of my coworkers and my own information is in there too if that helps assure you we're not loosey goosey with it. Our guns are 'on the books' just like all the others. I'm sure what we're doing isn't totally out of line with what all the other retailers with similar policies are doing. -Corey

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by HalifaxArmyNavyStore View Post
    The scan goes into our email, we'll use it and then it's deleted. We keep the info the CFO requires us to keep. Unfortunately some of that is personal information but that's the way it goes. All of my coworkers and my own information is in there too if that helps assure you we're not loosey goosey with it. Our guns are 'on the books' just like all the others. I'm sure what we're doing isn't totally out of line with what all the other retailers with similar policies are doing. -Corey
    what info are you expected to keep for non res?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast