Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Discussing the ANS PAL validation policy

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-boss-man View Post
    what info are you expected to keep for non res?
    We hang on to your name, card number and address on file with the CFP. I can't really speak to why, it's always been our policy, long before I ever thought I'd be selling guns.
    I know the CFO expects us to keep information. What information specifically, I don't know. Not my name on the business license, and not really my place to question long established policies that work for us just fine. -C

Quote Originally Posted by HalifaxArmyNavyStore View Post
    No photoshop necessary. It won't work with us.

We'll take the information from your PAL, punch it into the CFP website, and it'll spit this out.

Attachment 63058

We will only ship to the address found under Individual Information.
    so, why would you need a scan??? as long as I give you my name, address, Phone #, date of birth, rpal # all would check out with CFP without a scan copy of my rpal.
    just wondering why the scan???

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fergie.17 View Post
    so, why would you need a scan??? as long as I give you my name, address, Phone #, date of birth, rpal # all would check out with CFP without a scan copy of my rpal.
    just wondering why the scan???
    Yeah, sure, I could totally get around the scan with the information, it's simply our policy to ask for a picture of the front of the card. Water mark it or date it if you wish.
    If it really becomes an issue, I'm sure we could work with the customer so we all walk away happy. We're pretty reasonable. -C

Have to call you on CFP requiring info being kept. Last week I walked into Wholesale sports Calgary showed my PAL, guy working looked at it looked at me said looks good. He handed me back licence no recording or writing down or data entry into computer. Walked out with gun in under 10 minutes. For future purchases I will pay cash so absolutely no record of me even being there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by quadtracker85 View Post
    Have to call you on CFP requiring info being kept. Last week I walked into Wholesale sports Calgary showed my PAL, guy working looked at it looked at me said looks good. He handed me back licence no recording or writing down or data entry into computer. Walked out with gun in under 10 minutes. For future purchases I will pay cash so absolutely no record of me even being there.
    same deal at cabelas, the will check cfp but will not "write down" your info, he closed out eh cfp session and used a stock pal number when it was time to pay for the purchase

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quadtracker85 View Post
    The CFP validates your PAL. The Nova Scotia CFO expects us to keep information.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-boss-man View Post
    same deal at cabelas, the will check cfp but will not "write down" your info, he closed out eh cfp session and used a stock pal number when it was time to pay for the purchase
    I would suggest that all Cabelas stores in Canada uses the same software and procedures when selling a firearm. The CFC website is used to make sure your PAL is valid but also your PAL# is scanned at the till (bar code on the back) and the expiry date is entered manually. The "stock pal number" you are referring to is probably the store's customer number which is scanned at the start to create the sales document.

These policies are very very misguided and unfortunate.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Quote Originally Posted by HalifaxArmyNavyStore View Post
    Yeah, sure, I could totally get around the scan with the information, it's simply our policy to ask for a picture of the front of the card. Water mark it or date it if you wish.
    If it really becomes an issue, I'm sure we could work with the customer so we all walk away happy. We're pretty reasonable. -C
    It probably wouldn't be a deal breaker for me to scan it if I really, really wanted something. just super inconvenient and would probably pass on most things just because it's inconvenient. I don't have a cell phone but my wife does and if she wasn't home to take a pic and send it for me I would just pass........

Expired Business Member
    I think our policy is good and covered. Thanks for all of the input.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123