Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Primary Arms 1-8x ACSS 5.56/.308 - $589.99

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    FML... Just bought a 1-6x PA from you guys two months ago!!!!! Love it BTW.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-2 View Post
    Ok. Noob question. This optic still needs a mount correct? So if mounting it on a picatinny flat rail on top, what options do I have? And what is the pertinent things I should be looking for?
    Any 30mm ring set will do or any mount that can accept a 30mm tube.

We have the Primary Arms Basic mount which will work, or we also have Seekins Precision 30mm Rings in various heights.

Primary Arms Basic Mount

Seekins Precision 30mm Rings

Quote Originally Posted by Bak Dur View Post
    i like the Quick Detach ones because you can swap it on/off for other options or irons if you have. The better ones will hold zero (or pretty damn close) but they are pricey. I used the Burris P.E.P.R. with quick detach and it was perfect to switch from scope to aimpoint on my AR
    Thank you for the suggestion. This seems like a good optic. Having difficulty getting my head around this tho. Does anyone know a good link with background on setting these up and comparing why people buy the high end series? I guess the comparable vortex is the strike eagle. But there are the higher end HD and platinum series.

So the reticle is set up for 556 or 308 - anything in the pipeline for 7.62 x39?

I know the 1-6x variant is set up for 7.62 x39 but would like the extra magnification this offers

How would the BDC marks work if this were used on 7.62 x39? I assume they'd be waaay out and unusable?

Expired Business Member

Unfortunately there is no info about a 1-8x for 7.63x39

So how are these holding out? Many returns? I know the 1-8x haven't been out long but what about the 1-6x?

Expired Business Member
    The 1-6 and 1-8s are holding up very well. None of the 1-8s have come back.

I'll have to check our RMA data, but i'm pretty sure none of our 1-6s have come back either.

Super GunNutz
    do you guys have or know where i can get some 30mm to 1" adapters,like the ones shown with your PA basic mount..

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-2 View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion. This seems like a good optic. Having difficulty getting my head around this tho. ...why people buy the high end series? I guess the comparable vortex is the strike eagle. But there are the higher end HD and platinum series.
    The higher end Primary Arms scopes have better glass, first focal plane and some small improvements like shut-off settings between illumination levels on the controls.

For some folks, good glass and FFP are worth the money.
    “The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.” ― Plato

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    do you guys have or know where i can get some 30mm to 1" adapters,like the ones shown with your PA basic mount..

We do not have a source for these.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast