Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: Current Ontario Safety Course Results Processing times?

UPDATE>>>>Just received stamped copy of my CRFSC from FSESO today. Took CRFSC December 11, report mailed in to FSESO on December 12, FSESO stamped it December 23 2016, FSESO mailed it back to me on December 28 and received it January 3 2017. Fairly quickly I believe for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksley19 View Post
    Completed the CFSC November 27 2016. Instructor mailed in the course report to FSESO November 28. Received stamped copies in the mail from FSESO December 30 2016. They were stamped December 20 2016, and mailed back to me on December 23 2016. Waiting on CRFSC course reports now. Completed the CRFSC on December 11 2016...report mailed in December 12 2016....I reckon the turnaround time will be the same as the first report.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    Received Jan 3rd 106 days course to card. FSESO long delay on course report. Sept 18 restricted course, already had Nonrestricted pal

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by philhut View Post
    Why not just the instructor hand out the test and results and submit it to the current system and email in instantly to rcmp and ontario gets its record too. If the course is of concern contact during the 28days waiting period notify the applicant and call them for a telephone interview. Why do we have to again sent the mail.
    Plus my now restricted license requires my references call in rather than rcmp call them. It's advisable anyway as I'd imagine having rcmp officers playing telephone tag is money poorly spent. I mean once were licensed we have daily checks anyway why delay the process with inefficientcy.
    I think the Ontario CFO does not trust their instructors.

My upgrade to RPAL involved RCMP calls out to my references, but left a number to call in as well. That was a couple of years ago though.
    CSSA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by ops_3329 View Post
    The real reason as to why all documents must be sent to FSESO is that a number of years ago there were a number of instructors in the Toronto area who shall we say had poor moral character when it came to the training and testing. As a result of this an investigation was launched those instructors had their credentials revoked and criminal charges were laid and prosecuted. The results were that 900 students had to take the course again and be retested at no cost to themselves as a side note there are approx 100 plus student who think they have a license when in fact they do not.
    The CFO came down hard on FSESO and from that point on all documents must be sent to the CFO for examination , scanning and mailing out also a mandatory attendance record is sent in also so they can call students and check on the instructors and undercover field audits are done too. So every instructor takes the hit for that from years ago.
    That's a separate issue. What I was told by people in the system was that an instructor who was decertified for not following the course/testing standards taught a course using exams and forms that he still possessed, gave the students their copies as was the norm and threw the copies that were supposed to go to FSESO in the garbage. The authorities only found out about this when PAL applications started showing up in Miramichi with the decertified Instructor's number and a course date after his credentials were revoked. The explanation for sending all of the paperwork to FSESO without giving students a copy was to stop any future decertified instructors from committing the same type of fraud.
    EOSC.ca

Wow this question is asked every single week and sometimes several times a day. People for your first time obtaining a PAL takes an average from start to the time it is in your hand up to 3 months. Yes some get it sooner and some get it later. The average is about 3 months.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta) Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

finally got my results in.

CFSC on October 30th. Results arrived December 16th - 7 weeks total
    CRFSC on November 13th. Results arrived January 11th - 8.5 weeks total.

Was received by RCMP on Dec 15th, processed 2 weeks later, and just got the notice that my license is approved on the Jan 12th. Exactly 28 days processing time. No references were called, it was a PAL only license.

I took the CRFSC on Jan 29th and got my stamped results today. Just over 2 weeks, not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    I took the CRFSC on Jan 29th and got my stamped results today. Just over 2 weeks, not too bad.
    That might be a record!
    "Never trust a government that doesn't trust its own citizens with guns...."

Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    Mine was abut the same - did the course on Jan 21st, got the results back last week. Less than 3 weeks. Must be a slow time of year for them.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910