New arrival - Wolff Firing Pin Springs for Zastava M85

Replacement Firing Pin Spring for Zastava M85 7.62x39 Rifles

Stiffer than factory springs.

20160815_132743.jpg

Attachments

• 20160815_132743.jpg
    20160815_132743.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 2,261
My M85 doesn't shoot most of the surplus ammo, would it be fixed after replacing the original firing pin string with this one?

Thanks,

My M85 doesn't shoot most of the surplus ammo, would it be fixed after replacing the original firing pin string with this one?

Thanks,

Wondering this as well. Would be nice if those that purchased an m85 from you guys would get a replacement spring but don't mind buying it if it will for sure fix the problem.

If you are having issues shooting surplus, please contact us

Was hoping the new spring would be the answer to using surplus or the dominion ammo it came with in the combo... The "please contact us" comment made me wonder if there is more to it than just the spring?

Will be contacting you as a $10 sounds as a great/simple/cheap solution if it works.

V-lad

My M85 shoots surplus (tested 3 kinds) without any issues after replacing the original spring with this wolf spring. Thanks Canada Ammo for bring this in.

My M85 shoots surplus (tested 3 kinds) without any issues after replacing the original spring with this wolf spring. Thanks Canada Ammo for bring this in.

Any help on taking the bolt apart? Is that a set screw that has to be backed off on the hammer ? So the firing pin can be screwed out?

This is how I did it:

- remove bolt from the rifle
- pull the striker (hammer) back as in fig 15
- insert a pin (small nail will do fine) through the hole that becomes available with striker/hammer pulled back
- release the striker/hammer. It will stay retracted as it is held by the pin
- start turning the shroud/bolt sleeve. It will be stopped by the small pin on the bottom of the sleeve. Push the pin in (see the thumb of the operator on image 16)
- keep turning until bolt body separates from the assembly. Set the body aside.
- remove set screw (remove completely and set aside). Set screw is long and protrudes into firing pin quite a way.
- pull the striker (hammer) back as in fig 15 and remove pin you inserted in beginning. Set the pin aside. This will relax the firing spring.
- unscrew the firing pin from the striker/hammer using a screwdriver. Ensure pin can not fly away once unscrewed.
Done
Replace the spring and resemble the opposite way.

just my $ 0.02

All it takes to get M85 to fire the Dominion and Norinco ammo (did not try surplus) is the new firing spring. 40 out of 40 last Saturday.

Thank You Canada Ammo.

V-lad

Back
Top Bottom