Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 122224252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Location for indoor range near GTA?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    So, is this a "Go!"? Just kicking tires? Any more details forthcoming? http://srfgunandarcheryrange.com/
    The building is still for lease, the fact they cannot even secure the lease should say it all. This is a typical no money down, hope and pray business plan, these business plans almost never actually come to fruition.

This is just a website and an idea. Lease would have to be secured then permits, approvals, reports and then financing before any construction could begin. That range is not even close to being a reality.

A real range project will not sell memberships or advertise until at least shovels are in the ground stage. Accurate membership prices could not be established until final stage, until then you would only be able to estimate a membership price.

That's what I figured - another pipe dream!

CGN Regular
    East Hill Outdoors best place

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cement head's Avatar
    I'd say Oakville or Burlington . I have been a member at a club in Burlington for close to 30 years and it's more gun friendly in my neck of the woods than in the Toronto area. even Hamilton . you cost for property would be cheaper also. taxes would be more though . if you want to know more PM me .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cement head View Post
    I'd say Oakville or Burlington . I have been a member at a club in Burlington for close to 30 years and it's more gun friendly in my neck of the woods than in the Toronto area. even Hamilton . you cost for property would be cheaper also. taxes would be more though . if you want to know more PM me .
    I'm about 35 minutes north of Toronto and there is zero chance I'd join a club in Oakville or Burlington. I don't know anybody that would either, and there seems to be ALLOT of people with $ around here. (not counting myself in that crowd) Whether or not the "Toronto" area is "gun friendly" or not, it's a huge market with lots of gun owners/hunters/shooters in it. I think it would be a bit naive to dismiss a market so large. Personally, I'd be more interested in a really good, well-stocked gun shop than an indoor range. As big as the GTA is, I have to order online...or...commute to Bass Pro/Cabela's/Epp's etc. to actually see a decent selection of stuff on the shelves. Bass Pro is the last choice though..

IF the city would actually allow it within Toronto, the industrial area between the south end cherry street would be the best

CGN Regular
    I have 5 acres in the Rice Lake area that I would lease a portion of for this purpose

BANNED
    ##### Northumberland County. 401 was at a dead stop and so my GPS rerouted me onto Northumberland County roads in a snowstorm. I've never wanted to punch Siri right in the *unt before or since.
    Last edited by FyreFighter; 01-06-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Would this range also have a Canada Ammo store at the location?
    CSSA Life Member & CCFR Member

Even if "Toronto" natives specifically aren't gunnies, it could be a good thing, make people more aware of our sport.