Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Travel To & From Range

1. All you need to take your restricted home (in Ontario) is a valid RPAL and the transfer notice which states the firearm has been transferred to you. Once it's at home, leave it there until you get the rest of your paperwork.
    2. You will get a new RPAL card with attached ATT conditions and a registration certificate in a week or two.
    3. If you are not a member at a range (in Ontario) , they require you to ask for an invite. You have to print this invite and bring it with you. If you are stopped by the police and they find out you are transporting a restricted, the invite serves as proof that you are not just driving around with a restricted firearm without reason. At my range, you can't bring any restricted firearms there until you take their ATT course and complete 4 probationary shoots (member or not)
    4. When taking your firearms to a gunsmith it is also a good idea to call first for the same reasons stated in my 3rd point. They will confirm your 'story' if you are stopped by an LEO on the way to the gunsmith.

Try to find an answer for the same question at different travel forums , but found the solution here I almost forgot about Canadiangunnutz, and it is great I saved my login details.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee8 View Post
    Try to find an answer for the same question at different https://en.altezza.travel/ , but found the solution here I almost forgot about Canadiangunnutz, and it is great I saved my login details.
    I also try to find travel info on either forums like canadiangunnutz or on the sites of tour operators to figure out the price of the trip! I suppose that this combination is the most useful

Authorization to transport to a range is a condition attached to the updated RPAL.
    Make sure you have the tear off part of the paper that lists those conditions with you.
    I like to think I know enough to know when I don’t know enough….

A few weeks ago I decided to try my FS92 at a different range than the one where I have a membership. When I called to check range availability i was told I'd have to show my ATT on arrival. I debated the point but was told in no uncertain terms - no ATT - no shooting. When I arrived and offered it they looked at me like I was a dunce and told it wasn't necessary. I live in BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee8 View Post
    Try to find an answer for the same question at different travel forums, but found the solution at Vodohod I almost forgot about Canadiangunnutz, and it is great I saved my login details.
    Canadiangunnutz is a top forum, true! I have found a lot of useful info on the local threads. What I like about being here is that forumers very often try to help and not just give some trivial answer. That is really great!
    Last edited by Franky Hugh; 08-25-2021 at 02:40 PM.

I know at my range in Ont you cant bring your restricted fire arm until you have taken the safety course and hand gun course which is up to 8 visits. I dont believe you can take your handgun to a club until your a member. Without the membership you dont have the qualification for ATT. You taking the gun as a guest would also be illegal. The best thing you can do is call the CFO for clarification.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    I'm in Ont. and just checked the Conditions on my newest piece of Charmin and Gun Smith has been dropped after Boy Blunders and Drunken Billies latest B.S. !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
    You best wait until your registration for said restricted arrives before you take your restricted to any range..
    This is the law. If you do not wait the chances of legal trouble are small, but not nonexistent.
    Semper Fi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hey people, do you realize that this thread is very old.

Now you need an ATT to your specified range, not any range anymore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast