Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EOTech!!

Kept mine. Never had any issues. At work or my own ones.

Really...
    Ducimus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    It's too bad really. I like the eotech layout and the reticle.
    Same. I was hoping they had the issues sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooster View Post
    Why does he need to do any more research than his first hand experiences his "entire career"???

I've been using EOTechs for over a decade and, like many, have NEVER had an issue whatsoever. Have there been issues, yes. But really, how many of us are using these things in an LEO or military capacity?
    You nailed it. 99% of the "operators" on here talking about the quality of Eotechs will never and have never used it in a manner that would cause it to malfunction. I have never had an issue under normal range use and probably never will.

I experienced the thermal drift, as did friends of mine, It's no fairytale. I noticed deviation in temps starting at -8 and it became more pronounced at lower temps. As the military advisory stated, you needed to re zero at each temp you were working in, and keep checking it.

I loved my Eotech, and debated keeping it, but I'm not in the habit of buying things for $1000 that sort of work. I shoot a lot, and year round, my other equipment operates flawlessly.

In the end I took the refund, as we all did amongst our group. It was a straight forward process, but it took about 3 months to get the $$.

I would buy an Eotech again knowing they have issues, but not for what they are going for still, and not for colder temps.

YMMV.

Calgary, AB - Home of the Southern Alberta Defence Force (SADF)
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    I have one of the supposedly affected Eotechs (ie. all of them sold before the recall) and I've thought about sending it in for a refund cheque and getting an Aimpoint instead. Aimpoints have that bulletproof reliability and ridiculous battery life going for them.

In the end though, I just love that giant window with the 65 MOA ring and 1 MOA dot too much. Having to adjust to looking through a black tube at a 2 MOA dot (all Aimpoints) would probably be more detrimental to my accuracy than a "defective" Eotech.

I actually sold my T2 for this very reason. Great optic, no doubt...nice and compact, incredible battery life, etc. but for me, just not nearly enough FOV in that tiny little round objective. Like anything, one can adapt through use and practice and become proficient, but at the end of the day...having used both a significant amount...I much prefer the EOTech HWS's over any more modern Aimpoint. That said, I still do have a soft spot for the CompM2 from a FOV and battery life POV...too bad they are so big and bulky by today's standards, and even then, I still prefer the rectangular FOV of the EOTech over the round of Aimpoint/other round RDS type sights/optics.
    "Let the shoosting begin!!!" - Goldmember - Circa 2002

I got an Elcan for my Tavor which will work for longer ranges and remain accurate. I put the Eotech on my Kriss Vektor as it's a short range weapon and the drift issue won't matter. I love the easy intuitive target acquisition of the Eotech.

It would be nice if you could post the 'savings' instead of essentially asking people to run around and search them out....either get your dealers to post them or you should.consumers have a short attention span sometimes and there are many optics out there, if someone posts a good deal it will be grabbed before they sit down and try to research what you are offering. Just my two cents.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    It's too bad really. I like the eotech layout and the reticle.
    I feel the same

Eotech owner here, the XPS2-0. I have not experienced a serious change in POA from summer to winter, HOWEVER I have a permanent moisture incursion, which appears as a large circle around the main reticle, which makes the reticle nearly invisible as I move it around the viewing window (as if I were trying to look through the reticle in the corner of screen) in a perfectly circular 'ring of invisibility'. I have not kept the warranty card, and this is only for the range so as long as the reticle stays in the center of the screen it is usable, still very disappointing. I would buy a new one, but I cant be sure this won't happen again as it spends the winter in a cold safe. I still have kept it covered, but I don't think a $600 sight should do this. Has anyone else had an issue like mine

http://www.eotechinc.com/dear-valued-eotech-customer

All your questions are answered in the link

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast