Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: EOTech!!

Expired Industry Member

EOTech!!

We are very pleased to announce our new association with EOTech! Starting this week, the Gravel Agency will be another stocking distributor for these fine optics in Canada. We are kicking things off this week, with some special dealer pricing on three of the most popular items from the EOTech line up. We are very much looking forward to a long and happy relationship with our friends at EOTech. You can count on us to provide the same high level of service and support that you have come to expect from us here at Gravel. Have a look at the flyer, and call your local dealer ASAP if you want to get in on these great deals.
    Name:  EOTech-h.jpg
Views: 2836
Size:  27.9 KB

CGN Ultra frequent flyer okcorral1881's Avatar
    Hello,

I would be buyer for a G33 if the price was really good but I checked with 2 of my dealers and I do not see any deals or specials there.......unless there is a mail rebate or something else that we missed.
    Thanks
    CSSA.......CCFR.......NRA........NFA..........EOSC

I just sent my EOTECH back and got a cheque in the mail because it was "faulty". Are these new and improved, issues worked out?

Quote Originally Posted by DBeato View Post
    I just sent my EOTECH back and got a cheque in the mail because it was "faulty". Are these new and improved, issues worked out?
    Curious, what was the issue with your EOTECH?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-2 View Post
    Curious, what was the issue with your EOTECH?
    Google eotech recall.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Regular
    Probably part of the batch that EOTech paid 26 million to DoD to settle the lawsuit

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...k8y8FxzTQ8AzRw

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I will break it down for you. The company got a contract with the US military claiming retaining zero at extreme low and extreme high temperatures. They then used the fact that they supplied the US military in there advertising that promoted sales to other agencies, countries, and you the civilian consumer. The military used the optic in such fine places as Afghanistan and Iraq and reports came back of loss of zero. The military conducted additional testing and found the optics might not hold zero at extreme high and low temperatures. This resulted in the US government launching a lawsuit which the won. the fallout of this is the false advertising filtered to the civilian consumer. Therefore if you own one and find it does not hold zero, you can get your money back form them.

Now my thoughts. I have served 30+ years in the military. I have deployed with these optics in Afghanistan and trained with them in warm places such as southern Arizona and cold places such as wintery Edmonton. I never lost zero with these optics. I have used 552, and 512 optics on C8, M4, and Tavor platforms without failure. I would say that the extreme temps that the optics are reported to shift zero might have a greater effect on the shooter's ability to shoot well, than truly effecting the optic.

My advice. Buy and enjoy.

Moe

You forgot the part about failing to return to zero upon returning to normal temps. And that the refund is not dependant on whether an eotech product maintains zero or not. But otherwise you got it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    You forgot the part about failing to return to zero upon returning to normal temps. And that the refund is not dependant on whether an eotech product maintains zero or not. But otherwise you got it.
    Oh. Thanks for clearing that up. Was not aware of that. In all honesty I have not read the reports just the short blerps here and there. Just wanted everyone to know that I haven't experienced issues.

Moe

It's too bad really. I like the eotech layout and the reticle.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast