Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Flashbang Sustainability Question??

Im sure a stand up company like Lockhart, would do the proper research prior to this sale.
    Im also pretty sure, that are not in control of fickle politicians.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    Actually, I am kind of curious as to whether or not we could just buy the fuses and chemical mix, somewhere, to refill these ourselves? I know Lockhart/Lamperd wants us to send these things into them for refills, so they can "inspect" them... but that's also a source of revenue for them.
    Doubtful. Probably be told no based on a liability and warranty basis.

Last edited by CADGunNut; 05-01-2020 at 02:20 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer condomboy's Avatar
    Actually, I am kind of curious as to whether or not we could just buy the fuses and chemical mix, somewhere, to refill these ourselves? I know Lockhart/Lamperd wants us to send these things into them for refills, so they can "inspect" them... but that's also a source of revenue for them.
    high pressure device being reloaded by someone who doesn't know what they're doing... seems like a good idea...

I'm guessing it's like a propane tank, can only be filled for 5 years due to possible issues with sustained pressure.
    If you know how many guns you have... you don't have enough

Also curious about the shelf life while were on the "sustainability" thread. If they in a cool, dry place, they should last for good lengthy time, no? It doesn't matter. Still buying some

Duff

Quote Originally Posted by condomboy View Post
    high pressure device being reloaded by someone who doesn't know what they're doing... seems like a good idea...

I'm guessing it's like a propane tank, can only be filled for 5 years due to possible issues with sustained pressure.
    But are they under sustained pressure or is it a timed chemical reaction?

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    Doubtful. Probably be told no based on a liability and warranty basis.
    Oh. of course Lockhart/Lamperd would say 'no'. (based on liability, warranty and revenue). I'm just wondering if we can get the fuses and chem mix somewhere else. (actually, I'm pretty sure I could find the chem mix, it's just the fuse and any other bits I'd need)

Quote Originally Posted by condomboy View Post
    But they can just sell them to anyone...

In other words, what's the difference? I'm sure re-filling them isn't rocket science. The minimum-wage kid working in the back that does all the refills on Saturdays only had to be shown how to do it once, it's not like he took a university course for it. I don't mind paying the 19 bucks, nor the hassle of shipping them across country every time, it would just be nice to do it myself, especially should the refilling service no longer be available...
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Duffk21 View Post
    But are they under sustained pressure or is it a timed chemical reaction?
    You pull the pin, the fuse ignites the oxidizer which sets of the rest of contents... boom!
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    I'm not sure what you're "asking" here... (or why you keep putting things in "quotes"), but are you concerned that the police and/or gov't may prohibit the sale of these, as well as the recharging service, at some point? If that happens, and it could, then we are SOL. Unless someone wanted to put up the money to challenge the police or gov't in the courts (which still doesn't guarantee a desired outcome) then there would be nothing we could do about it, as per usual. We've seen it before, items become prohibited and you have to turn them in, destroy them or take a chance at being caught in possession of said item and charged. I can't speak for everyone in the buy(s), but I'm pretty most of us are going into this with our eyes wide open and know the risks.
    I'm not here to "pick a fight" I know your kind, thanks for the "enlightenment" Good Luck.
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    I'm not here to "pick a fight" I know your kind, thanks for the "enlightenment" Good Luck.
    Huh? No one is "picking a fight" with you... I just wanted to clarify what it was you were asking. (what is it you're asking, anyway?)

And by "your kind", do you mean firearms enthusiast, like yourself?