CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Recent Newsletter items. German Made Revolvers Under $500.00.

  1. #11
    Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    2,932
    Hate to be another one of those guys, but yes $500 plus tax/shipping for an Arminius revolver in 22lr is an absurd price to pay, considering used ones go for $250 and that's if you would even want one, and yes you can find a Ruger sp101 or single six for the same price point. The Alfa proj revolvers are reasonable priced though and they are the better revolver IMO. The Arminius has a fixed sight on a 6" .22
    A quick search of the EE for Arminius brought up older Arminius pistol for sale, that was most likely produced in West Germany back in the day. Im not sure how you arrive at $250 as the going rate for used revolvers produced recently.

    Can you reference examples of recent production, used Arminius pistols for sale?

    You cannot compare the price of used Bushnell scopes made in Japan 20-30 years ago to the what is been turned out today.

    The same way you cannot compare the retail prices of Ruger pistols 4-5 years ago rounded down with the retail prices of new product. Show me a single six or SP 101 that retails even close. A quick check of wholesale pricing on a SP 101 puts the new retail at over $900.00.

  2. #12
    Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    2,932
    Can you guys get the arminius in 357 mag with a 4.2 inch barrel? It seems you have the photo of a 4.2 inch gun listed but it says it has a 6 inch barrel
    The 4.2" Should be in the next production run in a few months.

  3. #13
    Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    2,932
    does that little Arminius .22 that looks like a Colt SAA have the 4 clicks back on the hammer? is it a 6 shot or more? does it have a transfer bar?
    are the grips real wood? is the brass real brass?
    2 Clicks, 8 shot, and there does appear to be a transfer bar. The wood is real and it appears to be real brass.

  4. #14
    CGN frequent flyer maple leaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SW Ontario
    Posts
    1,094
    I can't believe people are being so negative on here. Thank-you for bringing into Canada some affordable revolvers!

  5. #15
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Port Moody
    Posts
    9,162
    Quote Originally Posted by maple leaf View Post
    I can't believe people are being so negative on here. Thank-you for bringing into Canada some affordable revolvers!
    This! It's nice to see sub-$800 revolvers. Alpha proj was the only affordable choice that I've seen lately, and variety is always good.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

  6. #16
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern Ontario
    Posts
    404
    I just bought a s&w revolver but these look nice as well, and great for the price. Good job CanAm and, if you guys don't like the price then go buy from another dealer ...oh wait they don't have 500$ revolvers that's right.

  7. #17
    Member CARLTROS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    IM IN MISSISSAUGA
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    A quick search of the EE for Arminius brought up older Arminius pistol for sale, that was most likely produced in West Germany back in the day. Im not sure how you arrive at $250 as the going rate for used revolvers produced recently.

    Can you reference examples of recent production, used Arminius pistols for sale?

    You cannot compare the price of used Bushnell scopes made in Japan 20-30 years ago to the what is been turned out today.

    The same way you cannot compare the retail prices of Ruger pistols 4-5 years ago rounded down with the retail prices of new product. Show me a single six or SP 101 that retails even close. A quick check of wholesale pricing on a SP 101 puts the new retail at over $900.00.
    I can not provide proof of the post no, I saw it about 6 weeks ago and it was going for $220 shipped, I said $250 to be on the safe side, but rest assured there will be another Arminius 6" 22lr (%95 sure it was a hw-7) revolver near that price in the future.

    I understand changes in quality can change in a company within a different time period, I suppose I was posting for the people who were completely unaware of the company "Arminius", and their reputation of making low tier quality revolvers, and perhaps would buy one because it looked cool, and the company name sounds kinda cool, more so than Alfo-proj anyway (much better revolver IMO).

    I was comparing it to a used Ruger which can be had for $650-700 (a far better choice IMO), as I was with the older Arminius revolver. I can only imagine either Arminius, or their partnered companies, jack the price up beyond their value because that's what competitive companies charge for their firearms, but to me that's kinda like High Point, Sarlzimaz, or a Norinco trying to creep up to Glock's price point, it's not right.

    Yes I'm sure someone is selling it for $900 (tax and shipping included right?) but I've seen one at a gun shop in Hamilton going for under $800 (tax not included) And again, what other .22lr target revolver doesn't have adjustable sights? Ridiculous.

    Perhaps my posts regarding this revolver have been negative, but I mean are we never supposed to say anything when something doesn't seem right with how a product is priced?

  8. #18
    Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    2,932
    I can not provide proof of the post no, I saw it about 6 weeks ago and it was going for $220 shipped, I said $250 to be on the safe side, but rest assured there will be another Arminius 6" 22lr (%95 sure it was a hw-7) revolver near that price in the future.

    I understand changes in quality can change in a company within a different time period, I suppose I was posting for the people who were completely unaware of the company "Arminius", and their reputation of making low tier quality revolvers, and perhaps would buy one because it looked cool, and the company name sounds kinda cool, more so than Alfo-proj anyway (much better revolver IMO).

    I was comparing it to a used Ruger which can be had for $650-700 (a far better choice IMO), as I was with the older Arminius revolver. I can only imagine either Arminius, or their partnered companies, jack the price up beyond their value because that's what competitive companies charge for their firearms, but to me that's kinda like High Point, Sarlzimaz, or a Norinco trying to creep up to Glock's price point, it's not right.

    Yes I'm sure someone is selling it for $900 (tax and shipping included right?) but I've seen one at a gun shop in Hamilton going for under $800 (tax not included) And again, what other .22lr target revolver doesn't have adjustable sights? Ridiculous.

    Perhaps my posts regarding this revolver have been negative, but I mean are we never supposed to say anything when something doesn't seem right with how a product is priced?
    There are allot of boats and quads selling very cheap in some parts of the oil patch. Does that mean the prices for a new boat or quad in a dealership "does not seem right" because I can find examples in the Canada? If someone decides to blow something out cheap, good on them, but is still does not make the guy making a profit to be over charging.

    There are people in this country or new to Canada, who may be willing to do your job for half the price, does that mean now that you are over paid because of the odd example of someone who will do it for less?

    How do you know that the quality of the revolvers has not come up? Or do you just assume the quality is low, and that must mean the price is high.
    Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 08-27-2016 at 02:38 PM.

  9. #19
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    314
    I look fireard to the 357 in 4.2

  10. #20
    Member CARLTROS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    IM IN MISSISSAUGA
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    There are allot of boats and quads selling very cheap in some parts of the oil patch. Does that mean the prices for a new boat or quad in a dealership "does not seem right" because I can find examples in the Canada? If someone decides to blow something out cheap, good on them, but is still does not make the guy making a profit to be over charging.

    There are people in this country or new to Canada, who may be willing to do your job for half the price, does that mean now that you are over paid because of the odd example of someone who will do it for less?

    How do you know that the quality of the revolvers has not come up? Or do you just assume the quality is low, and that must mean the price is high.
    Yes philosophically speaking, true value is impossible to pinpoint *rollseyes, Maybe they start using better steel, and they just figured, why not use the cheaper not adjustable sights we always have 'just because'. Ive only observed an older one, I can admit that, but it sure looks like they used to, and I can't find any reviews of the newer models, just on older ones the consensus basically being 'They kinda suck, but for a $200 truck gun you can't complain'.

    Now the same looking revolvers come out, by the same company that made them before, with the same cheapo absence of adjustable sights on a target 22lr revolver, but oh yeah maybe they have come up it the world and made a revolver worth (a word open to interpretation, I guess) $500? There's no way any mental gymnastics can convince myself that the same looking duck should be in the same ballpark as the Alfa-proj (been moderately prices for years) which you have priced at $480, good on Frontier Firearms for that at least.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •