Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recent Newsletter items. German Made Revolvers Under $500.00.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...light=arminius An old one yes with a screw in it, but you can get em' for a couple hundred bucks.
    cylinder release is different and has ejector shroud, but not a $500 'looking' gun at least. Kinda looks like it should be in the neighborhood of $350ish like a llama or something (yes I'm sure an Arminius is better) but I do not have experience with the newer ones, I imagine very few people do, I just wouldn't chance it if I was in the market for a cheaper .22 revolver, I would buy a used Ruger sp101, or a new Alfa-proj
    Last edited by CARLTROS; 08-27-2016 at 03:04 PM.

So are these new Arminius revolvers better quality than what they produced back in the 70's?

My parents had a 4" and a 2" Arminius back in the early 80's and I shot them a fair bit.
    They were alright for their intended purpose and I actually was surprised that I could hit well enough with the 2" to make me like it.

If their level of quality is on par with a current charter arms revolver then they would probably be alright.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    You have stated you view, but now like anyone who spends time in a store telling the clerk how their product is overpriced and saying things to sway buyers, it it time for you to leave. Do not post again.

People can view the product and do their own research based on factual information. I have compared these to Alfa projects that came in, and they feel just as well made.

So are these new Arminius revolvers better quality than what they produced back in the 70's?

My parents had a 4" and a 2" Arminius back in the early 80's and I shot them a fair bit.
    They were alright for their intended purpose and I actually was surprised that I could hit well enough with the 2" to make me like it.

If their level of quality is on par with a current charter arms revolver then they would probably be alright.
    We had a single action here a few years ago and from what I can remember of it the machining is much nicer on the new single action 22LR.

Are they steel frame ? I apologize if this has been mentioned

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    I miss my old HW9, the thing shot like a laser beam, didn't seem to matter the ammo, definetely some interesting looking ones in there, would love to fondle one of the 357's. Nice to see something that looks different than a smith or ruger, or said clones.
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    The old Arminius .22's from the 60's were made of diecast Zamack (pot metal). Other than the .357 which is described as "solid steel" in your listing no mention is made of the construction. What are the .22 frames?
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer capp325's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    The old Arminius .22's from the 60's were made of diecast Zamack (pot metal). Other than the .357 which is described as "solid steel" in your listing no mention is made of the construction. What are the .22 frames?
    I'm assuming they are pot metal like the older guns. No way a forged steel German-made revolver would retail for $500.

The importer informed us that the pistols are no longer Alloy, they are steel (not sure the exact grade). Arminius line has been taken over now by Weihrauch. These are not the same pistols as back in the 1970s.

Any chance you have spare parts and they're compatible with the older versions?

I have a HW-9 in 22lr, and I need the cylinder pawl spring. $5 part from the US with surcharge and ludicrous shipping = no go

(E)
    Law of Politics
    Communicating logic to a Liberal is only a little more difficult than communicating with the dead.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast