Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 818202122232425262728

Thread: Dominion Arms 1897 trench shotgun!!

Quote Originally Posted by hsatimmy View Post
    Aren't there clones being produced for the US market?
    Yeah...the Cimmaron-branded guns that the poster immediately above you, referenced in his post.....

Mine is a Cimmaron M1897 manufactured by Jianshe, China (read: Norinco). The Sarco Heat Shield fits with some elbow grease. The diameter of the Chinese Barrel is wider at the muzzle than a genuine Win M1897 due to the modern, removable chokes.

Last edited by Bartok5; 02-05-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dogzilla's Avatar
    The thing is, you can get a genuine 1897 for less than the Chinese ones right now and the repro heat shields will fit. Also you can get parts for the real ones, and most of them won't fit the Chinese versions. My Chinese one is missing an odd shaped screw which has effectively turned it into a paperweight. Lucky I'm a machinist, so that's this weeks project (the same screw for a win 1897 is $3 and it don't fit) It's funny, because the Chinese one I have is an odd mix of English and metric screws. I think they just used whatever they could get hold of when they made them
    They say age brings wisdom, and in the same breath say there's no fool like an old fool.

Take my money

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by stripperclipper View Post
    Marstar made one.
    I'm sure if there was money to be made, they would have done another run.
    Based on the feedback here there is certainly demand for them, just because one outfit failed at something does not mean others will not succeed. Seeing photos of the complete lack of QC on some other firearms out of that place and I'd steer wide to avoid anything that's been through their doors.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VICIOUS's Avatar
    NO clones in USA, all came in from China and then re-branded and ordered by specialty shops.