Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: really bad service from ellwood epps don't buy from them coz u wil never receive it!!

really bad service from ellwood epps don't buy from them coz u wil never receive it!!

my uncle bought a luger rifle back in September 2015 from them and got an email from a guy called Wes saying that the gun is prohib for bc owner, so we can choose either return it with 10% restocking fee or get a new barrel for around 425 on sep 25 2015, so we email back on the same day saying we choose to modified the barrel for 425, and paid with credit card, and since then, we send email to wes, and call him, many many time, and i have been calling them for over 2 weeks, and they always say someone will call you back after asking me for the same information again and again.. but never got a reply.
    last friday i called them and a guy called chris answered and took my information again, then said wes will call me back on monday, if not, he will call me.
    so i waited today for the whole morning, and no one calls me back. so i called again, and chris answered, and i said chris i havn't got a call from you or wes yes in the monring for the firearm we bought 11 month again. and he said "can you refresh my memory again, i have 600 ppl calling me everyday". then i said" are we the only one paid for a firearm a year ago and never received or there is more ppl like us if you don't remember me".
    so he said someone will call me back shortly. i am still waiting for that phone call. btw, chris didn't even ask for my phone number, how can they call me back. all liars.

i can post emails screen shot and phone call report if you guys want to see it.

can't believe this business is still open.

what to do when you paid for your firearm for a year and never got it

attention: to all the ppl who is planning to spend money at ellwood epps.

my uncle bought a luger rifle back in September 2015 from them and got an email from a guy called Wes saying that the gun is prohib for bc owner, so we can choose either return it with 10% restocking fee or get a new barrel for around 425 on sep 25 2015, so we email back on the same day saying we choose to modified the barrel for 425, and paid with credit card, and since then, we send email to wes, and call him, many many time, and i have been calling them for over 2 weeks, and they always say someone will call you back after asking me for the same information again and again.. but never got a reply.
    last friday i called them and a guy called chris answered and took my information again, then said wes will call me back on monday, if not, he will call me.
    so i waited today for the whole morning, and no one calls me back. so i called again, and chris answered, and i said chris i havn't got a call from you or wes yes in the monring for the firearm we bought 11 month again. and he said "can you refresh my memory again, i have 600 ppl calling me everyday". then i said" are we the only one paid for a firearm a year ago and never received or there is more ppl like us if you don't remember me".
    so he said someone will call me back shortly. i am still waiting for that phone call. btw, chris didn't even ask for my phone number, how can they call me back. all liars.

i can post emails screen shot and phone call report if you guys want to see it.

what is my options now?

CGN frequent flyer
    if you paid by credit card, file a claim with them as item not received.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kamlooky's Avatar
    Keep calling them.
    Restocking fee.........yeah right.

Aries, ohhhhh.............Arrrrrrrrrrrrieeeeeeeeezs...... ......?
    He has a half-tracked mind and unrelenting habit of self aggrandizing.
    Can anyone guess?

I am curious as to what firearm would be prohibited to BC owners only?
    I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Sounds to me like they sold the original gun, made up some excuse while they wait for another to come in on a order, and it has not. If you paid with credit card get your money back. Since we are talking about a firearm, and 11 months in you have not received it, this might be the time to go to police. One would think that the police would take what you report to be basically a fraud/theft involving a firearm seriously.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

I would strongly suggest you use email as well in your communication with Ellwood Epps and then you have a record of the conversation. There is nothing wrong with sending a detailed email and then following up with a phone call referring to your email. I also suggest dealing with just one person so you don't have to reinvent the wheel and explain things every time you contact them.
    I have purchased a number of rifles from them and for the most part they have been ok experiences but I am certainly glad I was keeping track of my dealings with records of my emails.....as you say communication isn't their strong suit.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nowarningshot View Post
    Sounds to me like they sold the original gun, made up some excuse while they wait for another to come in on a order, and it has not. If you paid with credit card get your money back. Since we are talking about a firearm, and 11 months in you have not received it, this might be the time to go to police. One would think that the police would take what you report to be basically a fraud/theft involving a firearm seriously.
    I feel for the op, but this is the worst advice I have ever heard...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alexliu911 View Post
    can't believe this business is still open.
    They are still open because where else would the locals hang out for hours shootin' the #### with the gun counter guys fondling every firearm, talkin' stories about "well, I used to own one blah blah blah" while real paying customers wait and wait and wait. Last time I ever visited EE I was treated like a piece of garbage and took an earful of attitude from someone behind the counter. That bulge in my pocket? No, I was not turned on by firearm talk, that was the $2300 I WAS going to spend there.

CGN Regular
    Or could it be that it was in fact a Luger pistol (I'm not aware off-hand of any Luger rifles), which was a Prohibited firearm, and the uncle turned out to not have 12(6) status on his PAL when Epps went ahead trying to transfer it.
    This might explain the need for a new barrel and the subsequent additional 425 (dollars cost ??).
    I don't have any connection to Epps, and don't know their turn-around time for re-barreling and re-registering pistols, but do know that it's usually the CFC that has it's own timetable for getting things done, and that customer service is not the CFC's strong suit.
    I doubt very much that there was any fraud/theft on Epps part, and would hazard a guess from reading his post that English is not the OP's first language, and that this might have been a contributing factor in the problem (not meaning any disrespect to the OP).

Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast