Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Swiss Arms Coming And We Want Your Input

Just curious if that SG 553R has an FRT yet? Don't know if that's been asked already.

http://www.swissarms.ch/en/equipment.html
    How about item No. 2 with the M4 magazine lower, as far as the Canadian govt is concerned it's just a part and the upper is controlled

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Like this (but legal for us lowly canadians):
    http://www.swissarms.ch/en/SG_553_R.html
    Absolutely! Yes!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangell View Post
    Just curious if that SG 553R has an FRT yet? Don't know if that's been asked already.
    From what I've learnt from this site is that the 553r will not ever under the current laws we have now be available and no one has one waiting for a frt!!!! I was very sad when I found that out......so I've turned to the m10x.
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

So these are going to be $4000?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    all 55X guns are prohibs

Derp

Any update?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingjenky View Post
    From what I've learnt from this site is that the 553r will not ever under the current laws we have now be available and no one has one waiting for a frt!!!! I was very sad when I found that out......so I've turned to the m10x.
    just need the parts to convert a regular swiss arms to a 7.62x39 caliber. it can be done if the distributor is willing to order the parts.

I would pre pay if this was made possible.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MD Charlton View Post
    Thanks for the input, please keep it coming, knowing what is in demand will help us coordinate production.

i'll try and answer some questions here:
    1. To clarify, AR Mag Lower = STANAG compatible lower. its an aluminum lower that will accept STANAG mags as opposed to the polymer Sig mags.

2. we will bring in the above mentioned lower as complete rifles initially. we'll work on bringing in just the lower. the last time we looked at pricing on just the lower, it wasn't inexpensive. details to follow on this.

3. 751 SAPR still listed as a prohibited firearm. so, no go on that one.

4. 7.62x39 - we're working on this. won't be in the next batch of product, but we'll see what is possible for next year.

5. we will be bringing in accessories.

6. 552 to 553 conversion kits - we'll bring these in as well.

7. Delivery - new product will be available in starting in 2017. we still have some Carbines (14" & 17") as well as CQB's (9") in stock at the current pricing. so reach out to a dealer if you are looking for a restricted model.

8. Pricing - there are lots of factors involved in pricing these out. we would like nothing more than to come to market at a great price. The Swiss Franc has been steady around $1.33 to the CAD for about 18 months, it has been know to fluctuate somewhat dramatically as we saw back in early 2015. When these guns were retailing in the mid $3K range, the Franc was near par. We're doing all we can to mitigate the FX issues, but there is only so much we can do. We'll be able to set pricing as we get closer to delivery.
    Update on highlighted item?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!