Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3 bad experiences - Won't be back :(

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot View Post
    Hi Lanz, the latest 2 strikes are that you sold me crappy .22lr saying it was better than the brand I asked for. Shot about 100 rounds and the report the rounds are making is all over the place. Some sound like squibs and others are fine. Ugly groups.

Walked into bass pro last week and noticed the same box being sold for $10 cheaper than I paid! Bass Pro!

Most recently I walked into the store to talk to somebody about buying a 22LR CZ 455. Was told by Jon to take a business card and email him my request. Ummm OK but I'm standing right here in the store isn't that enough? Oh well. Email Jon my request the next day. Wait a few days and send a poke because I never got a response. Wait a few more days with no response and decided to buy online. Bought the rifle, a cheapie scope, and a crate of S&B 7.62x39 in stripper clips.

I get the impression that unless Dave knows you personally they don't really want your business.
    Where is this "business" located?

OK so lets do this, his biggest objection is customer mishandling, it happened 3 times, the last being and I quote

"Was told by Jon to take a business card and email him my request. Ummm OK but I'm standing right here in the store isn't that enough? Oh well. Email Jon my request the next day. Wait a few days and send a poke because I never got a response. Wait a few more days with no response"

No you are 100% wrong, he did more than due diligence to accommodate a retailer who has incompetent and lazy staff, and if you understand anything about retail code and law in Ontario, he actually would have a legal case against the retailer for all the effort he did put in to deal with him and any added costs that he may have incurred by having to go to an alternate retailer to get his needs filled.

I am not sure where you are coming from on this but every gun dealer I know would seriously reprimand a staff member for this type of behavior, and I know most of them well, bottom line if you are going to do business with the public, doing it right the first time around is always cheaper than the fix that you are going to have to deal with later.
    “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Fact remains that any counter SALES person should be doing the utmost to ensure a sale(and upsell) when a customer takes the time and effort to come into a retail outlet. Especially when said customer knows exactly what they want.

Personally, if I showed up cash in hand to make a purchase and was told to send an email....
    I wouldn't even bother. There are more than enough people and vendors willing to make the sale.

I have done sales both in retail and internal sales, letting a customer leave without making a sale or ensuring I have a leed was and is unacceptable. It is not nor should it ever be up to a paying customer to follow up and make multiple attempts to contact a sales person.

Ex: I just purchased a new fully loaded ram. 68k sticker price. I went to 4 different dealerships before I was able to get decent service and a sales person who wanted to make a sale.... so be it, the kid who had the job a week got the sale. I also had to send the head of sales packing as he attempted to poach the sale...

Its all about service at point of sale.

OK so lets do this, his biggest objection is customer mishandling, it happened 3 times, the last being and I quote

"Was told by Jon to take a business card and email him my request. Ummm OK but I'm standing right here in the store isn't that enough? Oh well. Email Jon my request the next day. Wait a few days and send a poke because I never got a response. Wait a few more days with no response"

No you are 100% wrong, he did more than due diligence to accommodate a retailer who has incompetent and lazy staff, and if you understand anything about retail code and law in Ontario, he actually would have a legal case against the retailer for all the effort he did put in to deal with him and any added costs that he may have incurred by having to go to an alternate retailer to get his needs filled.

I am not sure where you are coming from on this but every gun dealer I know would seriously reprimand a staff member for this type of behavior, and I know most of them well, bottom line if you are going to do business with the public, doing it right the first time around is always cheaper than the fix that you are going to have to deal with later.
    “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I find Lanz a good business.

CGN frequent flyer
    I don't see how you can blame them if you're buying wildcats lol. Ibtl

Spend time with your wives gentleman, instead of debating this silly stuff. Go buy 22 ammo elsewhere. Done.
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    I would just move on after the first 2 bad experience.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Who buys Remington Thunderbolts NOT expecting problems?

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Makava View Post
    OK so lets do this,
    OK so lets do this,
    Do we have to "do this" twice?

his biggest objection is customer mishandling, it happened 3 times,
    Do we even know what the first time supposedly was? The second was his apparently being talked into buying ammo he claims he didn't want. Isn't that what sales is? The ammo cost less at Bass Pro, so they made some money... isn't that what they (and you) are in business for? I bet no one pointed a gun to his head... he chose to buy the ammo. That leaves one so-called "strike".

the last being and I quote "Was told by Jon to take a business card and email him my request. Ummm OK but I'm standing right here in the store isn't that enough? Oh well. Email Jon my request the next day. Wait a few days and send a poke because I never got a response. Wait a few more days with no response"
    OK, and what are you gonna say if "Jon" comes on and says "I replied to his emails... never heard back", and then we find out the OP never checked his junk folder (or the OP doesn't reply at all). The point I'm trying to make, that you are continually and completely missing, is that stuff like this happens on here all the time. It happens in sales all the time. Your a sales CEO... surely you know this? This is why communication is sooo important, so that we're not playing judge, jury and executioner with a business's reputation (and apparently some jobs as well) based on one, single anonymous message board complaint, with no verifiable facts what-so-ever.

No you are 100% wrong,
    About what?? That I think there should be more information had on this first, before passing any judgements? That it's perhaps in the best interests of all involved that the parties communicate more (or at least try to) to see if there was a misunderstanding of some type and see if perhaps a resolution can be found? Sheesh... relax.

he did more than due diligence to accommodate a retailer who has incompetent and lazy staff,
    Wow. You are 100% certain of this? Based off of one anonymous complaint on an interweb message board? And you would fire your own people over something like this? Yikes! (you must be a regular at the OLRB...)

and if you understand anything about retail code and law in Ontario, he actually would have a legal case against the retailer for all the effort he did put in to deal with him and any added costs that he may have incurred by having to go to an alternate retailer to get his needs filled.
    Ah, I see... now you're saying the OP should sue Lanz? lol!! (and Sunday evenings are usually so boring... )

I am not sure where you are coming from on this
    If you read my comments, you'd know. I said there are 2 sides to every story. Perhaps we should wait until we hear from Lanz, before we sue them and have all their staff fired.

but every gun dealer I know would seriously reprimand a staff member for this type of behavior, and I know most of them well, bottom line if you are going to do business with the public, doing it right the first time around is always cheaper than the fix that you are going to have to deal with later.
    Name one, just one, gun dealer who would fire their staff over a single, anonymous internet complaint (other than yourself, of course) and not even bother to try and communicate with the customer first, sort out what happened, see if perhaps it was a miscommunication, or any other reasonable explanation, other than just assuming the staff is "lazy", "incompetent", neglectful, etc., etc. and should be immediately terminated. ('cuz I gotta tell ya', fighting all those wrongful dismissal suits is kinda's expensive, no?)

To sum this up, do we really need to jump to any conclusions, based solely on the OP?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast