Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3 bad experiences - Won't be back :(

I think it is rather silly for a sales person to send a customer away from the store, asking them to email their questions about the product they sell. If you don't know enough about the guns you sell to advise the customer in person, you should not be working in that store-period. I would not be spending any money in a place like that.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    [QUOTE=brutforc;12965942]
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot View Post
    In case anyone was wondering about the bad 22lr I bought, it was Remington Thunderbolt
    ---------------------
    I've had similar experiences with Remington 22rf (squibs, split cases) many years ago and have not used it since. Interesting someone else is having similar issues years later.....Anyway....

Some time ago I was refused service at BP Calgary when I got into it with some opinionated young punk gun clerk about what I can't remember ( Is Dave a young guy part timer?). He refused to deal with me and asked me to leave as he walked away from me. I went downstairs to the service desk and got the store manager on duty (Frank as I remember) and his attitude said he could care less. Wrote a long missive to BP HQ in US and never even got an acknowledgement. Oh well....
    I spent a fair bit of $$ last year and this at BP, but I pretty much shop the sales and buy only if they have what I want at a better price than the competition. There are some older men working upstairs, some of which I won't deal with and some I used to work with or sell stuff to at WSS, and some I've known from being around this stuff for years.

I also got asked to leave WSS when the checkout lady picked up a basket full of boxes of shotshells and slugs and dumped it unceremoniously on the counter. I got right snarky to the point that the biker chick store mgr got involved. Pleases note I worked part time at WSS for quite a number of years and would never treat a customers merchandise that way, no way, no how. There are a couple of old time employees there that I have known for years and they are the only ones I will deal with as I know what they know....the rest of them are only good if I can't find what I'm looking for. WSS isn't the least expensive place to shop....they will match prices...but make sure you shop around.

So anyway....I got my say in...I'm sure some of you will got on your high horse and rip me a new one...don't care...I'm too old and I've been behind the counter and had to deal with the idiots...but I did it because that's what they were paying me to do. God I hate paying retail !

I've never bought into the notion that the customer is always right...a lot of times they are not...but....they are the customer. OK...have at it....
    I hope no one rips into you! (been enough of that already)

I agree with you that "the customer is not always right". We've seen it here on these boards with these complaints time and time again. Often the customer was in the wrong, but then again, sometimes it is the vendor that has screwed up. Hopefully Lanz will respond and we'll get to hear their side of the story...
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunneegoogoo View Post
    Huh, funny thing. I just bought a new Ram too. Just got it home this eve.

I walked into the dealership one day after work, had a few questions, and found a young guy that seemed to know what he was talking about. Got his card, he answered a few more questions for me via email, seemed solid.

2 days later we had to be I town early for a doc's appt. I messaged the young guy and asked if he was free that morning. "Yup", he says. Perfect, I can take the misses for a burn in a new Ram so she's happy with the purchase. I told him exactly when we'd be free, and he said no problem. All I asked was that he pick us up at a detail shop 2 blocks from the dealership. He said no problem.

So, the planned time rolls around (10:30am) and I text him to say "ok, ready to go", to which he says "oh, I went out on a test drive, I'll come in 45 minutes".

My wife is 8.5 months pregnant, and she has zero interest in waiting anywhere for anyone who can't keep his/her commitments.

An hour later he texts me to say "sorry, you can come by later this afternoon". My response ??? "We won't be doing that."

I'm asking to test drive a Ram truck, not a Bugatti Veyron.

Later that afternoon we found the Ram that is now in my driveway for 8000$ less than I could've got it in Regina. Came from Red Deer, no BS, great service, done deal. Red Deer Motors - ask for Jim.

Hey local guy, suckit. This deal $70,000+ deal couldn't have been any easier for you, and you f-d it up. Bravo.

GGG
    I'd have been tempted to text him a picture of the new Ram. I had a very similar experience. The dealership lost my business as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chargerguy View Post
    I'd have been tempted to text him a picture of the new Ram. I had a very similar experience. The dealership lost my business as well.
    I thought about it, but he'll see me at the dealership when I come in for service. He'll also notice as my Ram get progressively nicer and nicer as the levelling kit, the 35's, the fender flares, etc, etc, etc get added over the next couple years......

Quote Originally Posted by Billabong View Post
    I think it is rather silly for a sales person to send a customer away from the store, asking them to email their questions about the product they sell. If you don't know enough about the guns you sell to advise the customer in person, you should not be working in that store-period. I would not be spending any money in a place like that.
    They don't sell it.

That is the problem in the first place which the OP didn't disclose.

They don't stock this gun, so the counter staff might have no knowledge of the gun whatsoever, and would be wasting time talking about it with the OP.

He could of at least looked it up, and gave a quote, but Lanz's prices on something like this they have to order in a one off would likely(from my experience) be much higher than most online retailers that have it available.

The staff probably know this and didn't want to waste their time.

Not the best customer service of course, but this store has a captive audience as it is attached to the busiest range in Southern Ontario.

I haven't been there in a long time but I rarely bought from them based on price alone. It's a if they operate like there aren't a dozen good online retailers to buy from cheaper.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    I've been f***ed off three times now by CGN vendors and found I miraculously had an instant desire to have my problems addressed when I posted here. I think we owe it to fellow consumers and community members to call out ####ty business behavior. That said what's even worse than ####ty business behavior is when someone comes to CGN court and only tells half the story or leaves out very important facts in an attempt to drum up support for their case.

The same way CGN members have a trader rating I think CGN vendors should have a seperate +/- rating as a business to give community members a general idea what their reputation is like.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Boy, do I ever miss Seth at Lanz. I always liked going there when he was running the show. Always a smile & handshake and fair prices to boot. RIP buddy. It would pain you to see threads like this.

I've had some not so great service at Lanz before as well.. I just moved on too another vendor. I feel like you need to be close friends with the guys working to get any good service.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Who buys Remington Thunderbolts NOT expecting problems?
    This.
    ...and I know everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Bad Lieutenant;12966013]
    Quote Originally Posted by brutforc View Post

I hope no one rips into you! (been enough of that already)

I agree with you that "the customer is not always right". We've seen it here on these boards with these complaints time and time again. Often the customer was in the wrong, but then again, sometimes it is the vendor that has screwed up. Hopefully Lanz will respond and we'll get to hear their side of the story...
    I'm one of the biggest mouths when it comes to service issues, however I fully agree that the customer is NOT always right. There are unreasonable and uncaring people on both sides of this argument.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast