Thread: Lss-xl bipod mounting option?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar

Lss-xl bipod mounting option?

Hello I have a 10tr mounted in a lss-xl and I realy like the stock. I had a cheap Cadwell bipod mounted on the sling stud upfront, but I now find myself trading up to a Sierra 7 bipod. I am expecting the bipod tomorrow and I am trying to figure a way to mount it on the front were the stud is, I am wondering since there is a treaded hole in front of the stud if there is a rail that could be mounted there with the stud remouve?

I have exactly the same rifle configuration with a Harris bipod and picatinny adaptor mated to an Atlas BT17 which attached just fine to the bottom of the LSS-XL. I used bolts from a local fastener supply, sorry can't recall the thread pitch. The bottom holes on the forend are setup to match "Magpul style L5 (11 slots) and L3 (7 slots) rails (1.600” / 3.200”) " <- From the MDT website.

MDT also sells an accessory rail that will do the same thing - https://mdttac.ca/picatinny-mounting-rails.html and the longer ones include a sling stud mount like the Atlas BT17. I went with the Atlas because it was shorter and had a sling stud hole.

Thing is I would like to remouve the stud and replace it with a rail, i do not wish to mount my bipod behind the stud, ai want it as forward as possible.

Thank you

Mdt any idea??