Thread: Vihtavuori Pistol Powders -----> CLEAN

Vihtavuori Pistol Powders -----> CLEAN

People are always hesitant to spend extra money on quality powders. I have run Vihtavuori powder for all my competition guns for a few reasons:

1. Very consistent metering in Dillon presses
    2. Not temperature sensitive
    3. Consistent performance on the chronograph
    4. EXTREMELY clean

I have attached a picture of FIRED cases for a range session. They could probably be reloaded again without cleaning if I wanted to!

Name:  vv_brass.JPG
Views: 536
Size:  79.4 KB
    Fast Toys Shooting Sports
    www.FASTTOYS.ca

Home of the FTP Optics Alpha 3 Red Dot Optic - The best competition optic in the industry!

Your source for CED, DAA, CamPro, Reloading Supplies & Shooting Accessories

Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/ftpshootingsports

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for all our latest shooting videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/fasttoys2

A big bonus is that it's a very "fluffy" powder too, so easy to spot a double charge. I saw an unfortunate gun kaboom at the BC Provincials this last weekend so I decided to do some testing.

Top row is an empty case, N320 @ 3.5gr, and a double charge
    Bottom row is an empty case, Titegroup @ 3.4gr, double charge, triple charge.
    Cases are Winchester sized and primed. These are the loads I used to get ~910fps with a 147 Campro projectile.
    Too many toys, too little time ...

Just bought some n340 and really like how clean it's burns in my pistols.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    No kidding how easy it is to double charge (even triple charge) TG; dirty powder but CHEAP if you don't go Kaboom.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanMan View Post
    A big bonus is that it's a very "fluffy" powder too, so easy to spot a double charge. I saw an unfortunate gun kaboom at the BC Provincials this last weekend so I decided to do some testing.

Cases are Winchester sized and primed. These are the loads I used to get ~910fps with a 147 Campro projectile.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Great visual! Vihtavuori is definitely a premium clean burning powder. Hard to double charge.
    Always advocate running a powder check system on your progressives though!

Quote Originally Posted by VanMan View Post

"You may not like guns. That is your right. You may not believe in God. That is your choice. But if someone breaks into your home, the first two things you are going to do are… Call someone with a gun and Pray they get there in time." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    No kidding how easy it is to double charge (even triple charge) TG; dirty powder but CHEAP if you don't go Kaboom.
    Not liking the difference between Titegroup single charge and double charge, especially for my old eyes. I look in each case to confirm there is powder but i hope I would notice that difference.
    Working towards Ultra Frequent Flyer status at a glacial pace!

Thanks for posting the pictures of fired cases. I had heard about clean burning VV powders but never actually seen the difference. And the added bonus of safety in avoiding double charges. I'm sold!
    "If you teach your kids how to shoot, when to shoot, what to shoot, and where to shoot, freedom will easily be maintained." - Erin Canales

CGN frequent flyer Don'tkillbill's Avatar
    N320 is a nice 9 mm powder and I can usually find it when I need it.