View Poll Results: Would you like Frontier to sell Airstuff?

Voters
370. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Airstuff would be cool

125 33.78%
  • No - That's for kiddies

245 66.22%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Would you like Frontier to sell Airstuff

.177 stuff....sure.

Guys I know use PCP (precharge pneumatic) with scuba tanks.

Airsoft.....highly recommend NO!
    Last edited by cableguy; 09-08-2016 at 01:52 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    To frontier Firearms,

I voted no on this, but please don't be discouraged. The market for that might not exist on this forum, but it certainly exists. And if you can grow your business, go for it with my best wishes for success.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I never understood the anti airsoft mentality of gun owners. I understand that the gun owners that oppose airsoft believe that in some way the image of guys running around playing mock war and swat games gives gun owners a bad image or reputation. Let's be real here do you really think that mainstream non firearms people are that stupid to believe that the two are really related. I have an airsoft gun. A rather expensive gas blowback faithful copy of an HK MP5. It cost more than a cheap AR. My best friend has one of a Glock. I don't play the mock gunfight games and neither does he. He uses his to help train for IPSC in his basement airgun range as he uses the real Glock in IPSC. I have the MP5 because it's the only way to own one and full auto to boot legally and I can shoot it in my basement airgun range. I obviously voted yes.

Moe

Kids think it's cool. It teaches them about guns. Nothing wrong with it.
    CONFIRMED...SEND IT!

CGN Regular
    I voted no, and I'll explain why...I'm an outdoors kinda guy, and often my camping gear is comprised of army surplus stuff. There's a store in oshawa here in Ontario that has a lot of good surplus gear, as well as new manufacture reproduction military gear, like rothco and condor. I like shopping there except they also sell airlift gear...which is probably why they carry and sell so much tactical gear successfully. The problem is the crowd...I'm sure there are collected and mature airsoft players, but the majority are kids, like young teenagers who play way too much call of duty black ops, and think they are special forces snipers etc...and these kids really seem to like to just hang out a oogle the inventory while telling their glorious war stories, and how awesome they are etc for hours. Then you get the spoiled suburban kids who don't play airsoft at all, but still play call of duty, and just want an all metal m4 carbine replica to show off to their friends and likely cause trouble in their neighborhood...on top of that they're dragging their mom around the store showing her all the accessories he wants for his $600 nerf gun..."mom, I want this one, it's way better than this one, cause it's metal so it feels real"..

I would think having a crowd like that in a legitimate gun store may actually hurt the business...

CGN frequent flyer Jerry Champagne's Avatar
    Id rather see you do one thing very well opposed to 2 things half assed to be honest
    I see your Jihad and Raise you a Crusade

Have you ever smelt your enemy's last breath? Have you?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    I never understood the anti airsoft mentality of gun owners. I understand that the gun owners that oppose airsoft believe that in some way the image of guys running around playing mock war and swat games gives gun owners a bad image or reputation. Let's be real here do you really think that mainstream non firearms people are that stupid to believe that the two are really related. I have an airsoft gun. A rather expensive gas blowback faithful copy of an HK MP5. It cost more than a cheap AR. My best friend has one of a Glock. I don't play the mock gunfight games and neither does he. He uses his to help train for IPSC in his basement airgun range as he uses the real Glock in IPSC. I have the MP5 because it's the only way to own one and full auto to boot legally and I can shoot it in my basement airgun range. I obviously voted yes.

Moe
    I don't think whoever votes "No" is anti-airsoft. I voted No, but to me it means I won't buy airstuff, not that I actively want them not to sell airstuff. I won't buy a pink gun or wood furnitures for AR either, doesn't stop me from shopping in places where they sell those things.

Quote Originally Posted by hbean View Post
    Frontier is a business, they can do what they need to make a living. As a group we get enough hate and fear from the general public for our hobbies, one would like to think we would be above this kind of behavior against sirsoft.
    Above what kind of behavior? Who said they where against airsoft? Frontier made a post asking what we thought and said they wanted to make a poll but couldn't figure out how to make it so here it is lol. Nobody is hating on airsoft

CGN Regular
    Looks like about a third of CGNers are into airsoft. Pretty good market research right there. You can take that to the bank. Sounds about right.

I've seen some YouTube videos of some awesomely organized skirmishes. Could be fun if everyone is honest about being hit. Less dirty paint than paintball and more accurate. Personally I like real firearms, and would not buy airsoft equipment.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aerobeast View Post
    Looks like about a third of CGNers are into airsoft.
    CGN currently has 164,000+ members. You say "about a third are into airsoft".

That's almost 55,000 people. How did you come up with that figure?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast