Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hog Saddles in Canada!

When will you be taking orders? Pre-orders? I'm interested in the pig saddle and sling
    R711

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    Hey guys,

I will post everything up tomorrow and if you want will set up a presale on our first batch coming in. I haven't added them to our website yet as we don't have them on the ground. Will probably launch them with a discount for CGN members only for a presale.

Not a super huge margin on them, but trying to keep them priced within reality given the exchange we are paying!

Cheers

BANNED
    Pig Saddle for me please! The $189.95 one haha

CGN Regular
    Tagged! Was trying to find these in Canada just the other day! And spent today looking at Tripods

Love my hog saddle

Hog Saddle is a might pricey for me but I think a Pig Saddle would work nicely and will fit the budget!

CGN Regular
    I know everyone recommends manfrotto gear, but are there other options? I was playing with a cameron cf700 today and it seemed pretty sound and a little easier on the picketbook

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Marksman View Post
    Hey guys,

I will post everything up tomorrow and if you want will set up a presale on our first batch coming in. I haven't added them to our website yet as we don't have them on the ground. Will probably launch them with a discount for CGN members only for a presale.

Not a super huge margin on them, but trying to keep them priced within reality given the exchange we are paying!

Cheers
    Still waiting on preorder details.
    Thank you.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

Loading product up now. Should have it all loded with in the next hour.

CGN SPECIAL
    For all pre-orders on Hog Saddles, Pig Saddles, Pig Skins, SS Slings, purchase a min of $225.00 and we will include the shipping at N/C
    Use promo code HOGS

Click on the photo below to go directly the product

Nothing looks better than a salty M40. The faded paint and chewed up metal tells a story about where the rifle has been, and the men who've been behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin5673 View Post
    I know everyone recommends manfrotto gear, but are there other options? I was playing with a cameron cf700 today and it seemed pretty sound and a little easier on the picketbook
    Tons of other options out there. These will mount to just about any tripod. Manfrotto is popular because its quality gear, and super easy to buy replacement parts for them if you happen to break something. Some info from Shadow Tech:

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is the best tripod/head to use with the Hog Saddle?

A: Manfrotto tripods are primarily recommended due to personal experience with the brand as a Scout Sniper. Gitzo tripods are another good brand to check out also.

Here are four great tripods to check out. I prefer the 055 models because they are more stable while shooting from the standing position but the 190 models are lighter and cheaper. (The center column on all four of these tripods can rotate horizontally. This makes them a good choice if the user plans to mount the HOG Saddle without a tripod head.)

Manfrotto 055XPROB Aluminum
    Manfrotto 055CXPRO3 Carbon Fiber
    Manfrotto 190XPROB Aluminum
    Manfrotto 190CXPRO3 Carbon Fiber
    Ball action heads are the most popular for snipers and the strongest in regards to carrying the loaded weight of the rifle. Here are three great options. (The 054 Magnesium ball Head is my favorite and what I personally use. It is also the favored head with many military sniper schools.)

Manfrotto 054 Magnesium Ball
    Manfrotto 498 Midi Ball
    Manfrotto 496 Compact Ball
    Of all these options I think the 055XPROB tripod with a 054 Magnesium Ball Head is an amazing shooting platform with the HOG Saddle. You can't go wrong with any of the above.

Q: What is the extra threaded hole at the bottom of the base for?

A: The smaller 1/4-20 hole is the most commonly used hole for mounting the Hog Saddle to a tripod. The larger 3/8-16 hole is a backup mounting point for those who use tripods with removable swivel heads. The Hog Saddle is able to mount directly to the base of these tripods, acting as a contingency mounting option.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast