Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hog Saddles in Canada!

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    All in-coming inventory from Shadow Tech is now on-line.

Your site needs a search function. It can be found under the Equipment tab then Bipods & Saddles. By the way, is green the only color????
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell

There is a search on any page except for the home page. Upper left side.

Easiest way to it is go to the home page, click on the HOG SADDLE logo, that will take you directly to the product or from the top menu click on Partners then Shadow Tech.
    Failing that, click on the link below (posted in previous posts in this thread)

http://www.nordicmarksman.com/Shadow-Tech-2.html

Only color is OD Green.

is there a specific tripod you would recommend to go with the saddle? I would be shooting 308, 6.5 creed and maybe 300 WM if all goes well.

I didn't feel the need to get the Manfrotto. I got a Slik heavy duty tripod for my Hog. It's not as light as the Man, but it can handle the weight of my 16lb rifle/scope. The head doesn't move when tightened. It's much cheaper as well

CGN Regular
    I've been playing with my cameron cf700 with the rifle just strapped to the ball head and it seems like it will hold up quite nice. And at half the cost of the aluminum manfrotto and lighter.

These cost more than the tripod itself! I've been waiting for something like this to become available so I can put my Manfrotto to better use, but not sure if I can justify the price just yet.

Joshua (the designer of the Hog and Pig saddles and former Marine Scout Sniper) just sent us an email about tripod suggestions:

Here is some updated tripod model information if you'd like to pass it on to your customers...

Tripod info....

The two main tripods used are made by Manfrotto. The MT055XPRO3 and the smaller MT190XPRO3. The larger 055 model is easier to shoot off of. Especially in the standing. (both of these tripods can position to ground level)
    Two other Manfrotto models that are discontinued but are easily found on amazon or eBay are the Manfrotto 3021BPro and the 055XPROB. I like these older models better.

The poor man's Manfrotto is a tripod made by SLIK. Model DX700PRO.

If you decide to use a ball head, here are some great options...

Manfrotto 054, 055 or 057 Magnesium Ball head. Pick either the Q2 or Q5 plate options. (Q5 is a better choice)
    Sirui K-40x
    Oben BC-139 or BC-166
    Feisol CB-50D
    Induro BHL2S or BHL3S
    ***my new favorite ball head: Sunwayfoto XB-52 or smaller XB-44. Buy a DP-60R arca-swiss QD plate with it.

*The Arca-Swiss style QD plates allow you to use two mounting bolts when attaching a HOG Saddle. The best option currently available.

A good link to search for tripod equipment: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...um_tripod.html

Best Regards,

CGN Regular
    Are they here yet???? I wanna get some practice before coyote season opens.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast