Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fusion Firearms 1911 Gov't 460 Rowland Barrel Kits

Expried Business Member

Fusion Firearms 1911 Gov't 460 Rowland Barrel Kits

We just got in some of these Match Barrels in 460 Rowland from Fusion Firearms, the kits come with everything seen here including a mighty 26 Lb. recoil spring, match grade 460 Rowland barrel, guide rod with end cap and allen key. These things are all required as shooting this caliber requires more than just your standard drop-in barrel conversion.

For those unfamiliar with the ballistics of 460 Rowland, here's a small chart to help you wrap your heads around the kind of power potential your 1911s could reach with the caliber...

Not just any 1911 will work safely with this caliber, below is the criteria for a successful .460 Rowland Conversion:

• Modern, High-Quality, i.e. fully heat-treated slide {to Rockwell-C hardness > 36}
    • Standard 5", Normally Ramped, i.e. not fully ramped,
    • Standard Barrel Bushing Configuration, i.e. no bull barrels
    • Not a “double-stack”….we have had very little success converting guns with DS magazines

A List of 1911 manufacturers approved for the conversion can be found >HERE<

With these consideration in mind, our Chinese made Norinco .45 ACPs meet all requirements nicely (the steel being of the required hardness on the Rockwell-C Hardness scale)

These 460 Rowland kits are available now, in store and online, and a Canadian supplier of brass to feed it can be found here

Do the Dominion arms 1911 have the same specs exactly as the Norinco models and be approved for this conversion?

Dan.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Cool.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Great to see the option, but if I ever do this in the future, I'm thinking I need the comp in the package.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

You would need a winch to rack the slide ! :-)
    Illigitimi non carborundum

El hombre mas rapido con la pistola !

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ObviousNovice View Post
    Do the Dominion arms 1911 have the same specs exactly as the Norinco models and be approved for this conversion?

Dan.
    You should have zero issues with either!

Nice caliber.
    Other brands all make them with compensator. I'd prefer this low-profile but wonder about recoil. Shouldn't be worst than a .44mag revolver, right?

It'd be nice if you had .460Rowland ammo in stock. Buffalo bore makes interesting loads.

Why is there no barrel bushing in the kit? Wouldn't it be more likely to drop-in?
    Last edited by wildphil24; 09-18-2016 at 07:55 AM.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

I've been planning a .460 Rowland build. You guys are making it easier. I bought a bunch of brass already thinking it might be hard to find. I'm in the middle of a couple other things but I am so glad I saw this. I thought I would have to import the components and pay a fortune to do that. I would have liked a comp'd version though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Nice to see a Norinco listed as a superior product. I knew it all along!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davie Sprocket's Avatar
    You guys knock another one out of the park. Very cool. Now I have to look at buying another calibre to load
    Donate to the orgs, CCFR, CSSA, NFA. Join the CPC. Fight the LPC at each turn. We must be united. Sign the petitions, call, email, mail the mp's, senators, mla's. Get the word out to friends, family anyone and everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast