Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: The Varmints are coming!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Right on!!!!!!!

Thank you.

Now to decide on a 12" or 14" Fortis handguard.

You guys have any pics with he 12" fortis?
    Go with the 14" buddy. It looks awesome
    CONFIRMED...SEND IT!

The coloured one is in fact FDE right ? light is kinda funky for me in the pic and I am really hoping that is not OD. Mine is going to look butt ugly btw cant wait to see it

A2 stock black
    A2 grip black
    no ambi safety
    od reciever/upper/barrel and hand guard (the basic one) I think if I remember
    and a break on the end
    Last edited by schlehofer; 09-09-2016 at 08:23 PM.

undoubtedly the sexiest NR black rifle on the market.
    "My biggest fear in life is if I should suddenly die, my wife will sell all my guns for what I told her I paid for them."

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    I can't say, but I know the clearance around the gas block is really minimal with the fortis and that it can flex under load, not sure if both lengths or not, ATRS can probably best answer that.
    I ended up modifying the fortis on my MH so it can't touch the gas block. I saw a significant improvement to my groups after.

Quote Originally Posted by schlehofer View Post
    The coloured one is in fact FDE right ? light is kinda funky for me in the pic and I am really hoping that is not OD. Mine is going to look butt ugly btw cant wait to see it

A2 stock black
    A2 grip black
    no ambi safety
    od reciever/upper/barrel and hand guard (the basic one) I think if I remember
    and a break on the end
    I was wondering the same thing about the color. I've got a tan rifle on order and the coloured one pictured is the same configuration that I ordered.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by techi870 View Post
    I ended up modifying the fortis on my MH so it can't touch the gas block. I saw a significant improvement to my groups after.
    would a diff Handguard, such as the BCM KMR fix this? Also would the 13 inch BCM still cover the GB?

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    would a diff Handguard, such as the BCM KMR fix this? Also would the 13 inch BCM still cover the GB?
    A different handguard would fix the issue. A 13 inch handguard would leave 3/4 of the gas block uncovered.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by techi870 View Post
    A different handguard would fix the issue. A 13 inch handguard would leave 3/4 of the gas block uncovered.
    I did want the BCM, back when they said it might be an option. Maybe I'll email or call and see if there are other options.
    As they are still waiting on my barrel, might still have time.

Beautiful looking work, guys - great job!

I perserverated when ordering mine, and ended up ordering one most similar to the 3rd but in tungsten grey. Unfortunately, I went with the proof research barrel mostly for looks as I don't plan on overheating the barrel. Should have gone with the lightweight stainless and they'd be assembling mine now too!

Oh well, still going to be awesome when it gets here. Those of you who get your first need to get to the range ASAP and post some pics and accuracy results for factory ammo for the rest of us who are still waiting please. I've got a variety of FMJ, varmint and match ammo from Federal, Hornady, and Nosler between 55 and 77gr so we'll see what works best for mine. Its going to be used as a coyote smasher and paper puncher mostly.

Have a Nightforce NXS Compact 2.5-10x42 I'm probably going to put on it, or steal the Vortex PST 4-16 off my wife's rifle... Decisions, decisions. Was able to wait pretty patiently up to the Labour Day weekend, but its really getting tough now. Things are really going to get busy soon, so hope I get it before thanksgiving or it might be Christmas before I get to use it much

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    what kind of groups are you now getting on the MH?
    Answering two questions at once. I cut out the area between two of the keyholes and then filed everything smooth so if the rail flexes it won't touch the gas block. The best group I've got is .4" and the average when I'm taking my time is .6-.7.