Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2131333435363738394041424344454647484951 ... LastLast

Thread: The Varmints are coming!!!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    I have almost 600 through mine. But because of back lash, I won't post another range report. The last time I did, it got locked from the trolls. It was quite a long one too. Sorry.
    I have about 500 rounds through mine and love it. The gun thrives on 69 gr SMKs and Varget.
    I read your review and agreed with it, but declined to post anything after seeing you get torn to shreds by the haters and ass h0les that seem to have a problem with high quality or ATRS. I know of several other MH or MV owners in the same boat, but who needs the drama?
    A shame really, but like with all things, a few screw it up for the majority.

I've got a couple of hundred rounds through mine and am very happy with it. I'm currently trying to make up my mind if I'm going to reload for it or not. I'm planning on running a few different brands of ammo through it to see what it performs best with before I decide if I'm going to reload for it. I'm hoping to find a reasonably priced factory ammo for shooting 100yrds+ and then a cheaper ammo that I can use for plinking under 100yrds. Considering I've made 500yrd hits on steel plates with 55grn American eagle finding a good factory ammo that I can use shouldn't be hard.

Once I've got some ammo collected and get out to the range I'll post some general results.

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    I have about 500 rounds through mine and love it. The gun thrives on 69 gr SMKs and Varget.
    I read your review and agreed with it, but declined to post anything after seeing you get torn to shreds by the haters and ass h0les that seem to have a problem with high quality or ATRS. I know of several other MH or MV owners in the same boat, but who needs the drama?
    A shame really, but like with all things, a few screw it up for the majority.
    I have about 750 down range. It absolutely love 69gr smk and win 748. My group size was .68 with five shots off a bag and using a 1-6 strike eagle for optics. I'm sure if I switched my optics to my vortex hst I can tighten that up a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Cr5 , you mean you haven't orderd yet!? Lol
    Just sold my SL8/G36 so I'm back to two non restricted semi auto 223's got an AR on the block now and if it sells I'll probably order a MV.
    I don't like buying rifles I haven't had a chance to handle but I might go out on a limb for this one, I was playing with another MH yesterday SHOOTING OUTDOORS IN -17C for those people crying about snow and winter making shooting hard. I did some scope swapping on some of my rifles and re zero'd them and had a friend over to shoot a few. Mostly just gong ringing but had to see what my new to me 22mag could do at 100yds.

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    I have almost 600 through mine. But because of back lash, I won't post another range report. The last time I did, it got locked from the trolls. It was quite a long one too. Sorry.
    I watched that, not sure why there are so many haters on here. Same thing happened when Stormchaser and I spent the day at the range with his MH and he posted results. He clearly stated that we were shooting cheaper ammo in a gusting crosswind yet people still hammered the results even though we saw close to 1 moa from the Hornady stuff.
    He got an infraction and deleted everything.
    Last edited by cr5; 02-06-2017 at 06:26 AM.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    Just sold my SL8/G36 so I'm back to two non restricted semi auto 223's got an AR on the block now and if it sells I'll probably order a MV.
    I don't like buying rifles I haven't had a chance to handle but I might go out on a limb for this one, I was playing with another MH yesterday SHOOTING OUTDOORS IN -17C for those people crying about snow and winter making shooting hard. I did some scope swapping on some of my rifles and re zero'd them and had a friend over to shoot a few. Mostly just gong ringing but had to see what my new to me 22mag could do at 100yds.

I watched that, not sure why there are so many haters on here. Same thing happened when Stormchaser and I spent the day at the range with his MH and he posted results. He clearly stated that we were shooting cheaper ammo in a gusting crosswind yet people still hammered the results even though we saw close to 1 moa from the Hornady stuff.
    He got an infraction and deleted everything.
    Yeah it is funny! You don't see as big a fuss for the christianson arms or other high price ar. And you will get those guys that will say there Kac is 3 time the ar from a colt or a dd wen its twice the price, hase ambi wizbang or two , hase on pare reliability and accuracy.

Not comparing the MV to kac. Just that some people will always justify there choice has righteous and you choice as ridiculous. As they say "my $hit is hot your $hit is NOT" .

Sure is quiet in this thread! I've contacted atrs last week. They said their waiting on some parts to complete my rifle. I don't want to bug them with questions on what parts I'm missing. But I am wondering if the parts missing are something like the the handguard or stock. Would/could I swap that out for something that is in stock to have the rifle completed earlier?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Well mine was shipped last monday. I had a delivery date for tomorrow, I check canada post tracking like a be zillion time and there was only" pick up in Calgary monday at 16h26". It staid like that all week. Finally this morning some idiot must have found the box laying around in the back of the truck or something, now it showed leaving Calgary with an updated delivery from Feb 15 to Feb 23... Just fregging perfect!!!

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Well mine was shipped last monday. I had a delivery date for tomorrow, I check canada post tracking like a be zillion time and there was only" pick up in Calgary monday at 16h26". It staid like that all week. Finally this morning some idiot must have found the box laying around in the back of the truck or something, now it showed leaving Calgary with an updated delivery from Feb 15 to Feb 23... Just fregging perfect!!!
    Canada Posts tracking has much to be improved on. I WISH there was a viable alternative for shipping, unfortunately....
    We spend a lot of time on the phone to C.P. asking WTF stuff is for clients as by C.P.s rules it is only the shipper who can launch a tracking investigation.
    Usually we hear from the client the next day they have their item and then 3 or 4 days later C.P. lets us know it was delivered.
    Only a crown corporation can run this poorly for so long.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by Battleworn View Post
    Sure is quiet in this thread! I've contacted atrs last week. They said their waiting on some parts to complete my rifle. I don't want to bug them with questions on what parts I'm missing. But I am wondering if the parts missing are something like the the handguard or stock. Would/could I swap that out for something that is in stock to have the rifle completed earlier?
    Unfortunately, no - they addressed this earlier in this or another thread. Changing your order will only result in delays and possibly slow yours or other orders.

Mine arrived last week - have put a few rounds through it but no formal accuracy testing and no chance I'll make it to a 100 yd range anytime soon. Fortis handguard, proof barrel, magpul ctr in tungsten grey. Need to take some more pictures, have moved the nightforce nxs compact onto a one piece mount.

IMO, More accurate than an Xcr, good trigger. Reliable with all the mags I tried it with - Magpul pmag gen 3, elander, asc 5 and 10 rx mags (from Xcr), and 4 ATRS pistol mags. No failures so far with a mix of fmj AE 55, UMC 55, Hornady super performance 75 gr OTM, and Nosler Varmageddon 55. Shoots the varmageddon the best, Hornady a little behind. No fliers in the groups I've shot so far - seems very consistent. If your budget can take it, go for it.

Shawn was great to deal with when he called to say it was ready - rifle shipped out next day (I got back to them after 4 after their parcelpickup). Was it a long wait - yes. Based on my experience with ATRS and my MV so far, would I buy from them again - yes. Do your best to be patient - it's worth it Rally guy - that sucks your rifle was delayed in shipping! Hopefully you'll have it soon.

Oh - and PS, will I be looking for a spc or Grendel upper or barrel if they make one - yes.