Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: The Varmints are coming!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battleworn View Post
    What handguard did you order ?
    Don't know I just went with the base model And planning on upgrading later when Financial situation improves
    I'm back on a rig Wednesday I bin off work for seven months
    I got my MH used the darrel was way too heavy
    I replace the barrel with a thin one and will put in a order for two carbon fiber hand guards and matching buttocks later this year haven't picked out a lightweight stock yet can't be something that's not going to snag in the bushes and it has to be quiet and no rattling parts
    if ATR make a complete upper in a different caliber for larger game I will get one as well hopefully we will see 6.5 Grendel
    Last edited by carverk; 09-18-2016 at 08:04 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Not sure if this has been asked or addressed yet... I read on your site these can be ammo sensitive. Any idea if any bulk/surplus ammo might work in these rigs? I am getting setup for handloading but I am curious how ammo sensitive this rifles might be?

Thanks
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Mitchell View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked or addressed yet... I read on your site these can be ammo sensitive. Any idea if any bulk/surplus ammo might work in these rigs? I am getting setup for handloading but I am curious how ammo sensitive this rifles might be?

Thanks
    I just been running the Hornady stuff in the MH I'm only interested in the MH and MV for hunting
    Will eventually get into reloading once I find somebody to custom make AR reloading dies for 6.5CM and possibly 338 federal
    And pick up a set of AR 223 dies in Edmonton with some luck I'll find somebody show me how to reload for these rifles between Edmonton and Foxcreek I'm going to be working and hunting Northern Western Alberta all fall and winter by the sounds of it
    14 and 7 work schedule works out pretty good for hunting

Thanks
    When you begin to have FTF issues while using the bulk ammo and get frustrated please keep in mind I will purchase the Rifle from you.

[QUOTE=carverk;13009766]I just been running the Hornady stuff in the MH I'm only interested in the MH and MV for hunting
    Will eventually get into reloading once I find somebody to custom make AR reloading dies for 6.5CM and possibly 338 federal

carverk, you keep mentioning custom made dies for the 6.5 and 338. You are aware you can get small base dies for both cartridges from rcbs? The AR series dies are designed for loading for this kind of rifle.

[QUOTE=257hunter;13010216]
    Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    I just been running the Hornady stuff in the MH I'm only interested in the MH and MV for hunting

carverk, you keep mentioning custom made dies for the 6.5 and 338. You are aware you can get small base dies for both cartridges from rcbs? The AR series dies are designed for loading for this kind of rifle.
    No I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to reloading Haahaa
    I already purchased the wrong 338 federal dies from one of the guys on EE
    I'll have a look in Edmonton See if I can find sum proper dies on my days off

If you can't find any locally some of our southern neighbors have them in stock. Looks like I'm not far from where you are working either so if days off line up we might be able to work on a .338 load for both our rifles.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar

Thanks
    Like most semi auto rifles, exposed soft lead tipped bullets do not feed nearly as well as FMJ's, JHP's or polymer tipped bullets will.
    Accuracy with the cheap surplus or offshore crap will be poor most likely. During testing we used the cheap 55gr FMJ AE223 ammo and it runs the guns flawlessly and shoots MOA which is not too bad.
    Better quality ammo provided better quality results.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Would a BATTLELINK Minimalist Stock work on the MV is it narrow enough?

Thank you

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Would a BATTLELINK Minimalist Stock work on the MV is it narrow enough?

Thank you
    All stocks (with the exception being the Magpul UBR) will fit to my knowledge. The caveat being that the wider stocks will need to be extended to at least position 2 on your buffer tube. Even the UBR can be used with the appropriate fitment via filing where the CH passes.

I run my LMT SOPMOD in position 3 on my MH, so no problems. Here are some pics of it in position 2 showing clearance.

Last edited by onetwentyish; 09-19-2016 at 03:13 PM.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA