Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272829303132333435363738394151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Varmints are coming!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Thank you 6MT appreciate the update and feedback.

Wish these were a little more affordable but this is as close as I think we can get to a NR "AR15"...
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

First off these are fantastic looking. I am wondering if you have ever considered making a piston model? Is it possible with the upper design?
    CONFIRMED...SEND IT!

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    I was told I could get a milspec tube but it would come without a stock. Not a problem since I have mft minimalist waiting for her.
    You requested a milspec buffer tube, so rather than charge you for the standard tube and stock AND the upgrade to the milspec tube leaving you with the basic commercial collapsible stock as spare parts, we swapped the milspec tube for the the basic stock and you came out ahead by saving a few bucks.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    To those who know more then me, it is suggested to run reload or match ammo true the MV, why would that be? From what I read a wylde barrel is suppose to be as reliable? I am not talking lead tip or steel case norc ammo but whats wrong with cheap walmart winchester ammo or pmc and the likes?
    The Wylde chambering will allow for the use of both 223 Rem or .556 Nato ammo. It has nothing to do with reliability.
    The cheaper ammo such as PMC, Winchester white box or the Federal AE will work just fine, you just will not see the full accuracy potential that the rifle has to offer.
    Like all semi autos lead tipped ammo does not feed as reliably as polymer tipped, FMJ or hollow point ammo will.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by 90vette View Post
    First off these are fantastic looking. I am wondering if you have ever considered making a piston model? Is it possible with the upper design?
    We considered a piston system for about a millisecond, then normal thought process resumed.
    To add yet more proprietary parts would only increase the cost by a few hundred dollars, which is already complained about. It would also limit the options in hand guards.
    DI has worked extremely well for 60 years and is far less expensive to produce and service as gas tubes are readily available and CHEAP.
    The piston fad of a few years ago seems to have peaked. At SHOT show 5 years ago no less than 50 piston systems were offered. How many are still available today?
    Also it is a well documented fact that piston systems have a negative effect on accuracy. We were NOT building a battle rifle so felt that accuracy was paramount.

BANNED
    Amen, DI all the way.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Yep the piston phase is pass! It is usually less precise and also more front heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Mitchell View Post
    Any updates on the reliability of these rifles? Few folks mentioned some issues?

Any more range reports or videos showing these guns in use?

Really hope to order one of these in the new year but reliability is extremely important to me so hoping the bugs and kinks are all getting worked out.
    I'm very happy with mine. I've got a 1-6 Vortex Strike Eagle on it and though initially I wasn't sure if I was going to leave it on I'm not going to change it out now. I'm getting consistent hits on 12" steel gongs out to 500 yards with it using American Eagle 55gr FMJ boat tail ammo. I've run some higher grade ammo through it and it's groups tighten up a little but I get MOA groups at 100 yards with it using the AE ammo so that's what I'll use for the most part. The only issue I've seen so far is it not cycling properly the first two times I had it out when it was colder. Since then I've done a couple of detailed cleanings and re-lubricated it and it ran fine when I had it out at the end of October and early November. I've had no issues with the ATRS polymer mags but haven't had a lot of luck with the PCV Beowulf mags.

Very nice looking rifles, techi870. I'm waiting on a MV with the same stock, pistol grip, and forehand but in a different colour - you've got excellent taste ha ha! What are you using for a sling? I have a magpul MSR3? I've played with a bit but it doesn't seem to stay well connected to the rifle when used as a single point. Have you done any gopher/coyote hunting with it? How about shooting steel off hand at moderate ranges - < 250 yds? I'm hoping to use mine a lot for everything except big game. And will be getting in on a 6.5G or 6.8SPC if ATRS decides to go that way. Regardless, should be a fun new toy.

Looking forward to that phonecall sometime soon now that the barrel export from Proof has been approved.