Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26363839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: The Varmints are coming!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Well maybe I got a loose unit, are you guys paying return shipping plus insurance for warranty work, paying shipping at all?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Well maybe I got a loose unit, are you guys paying return shipping plus insurance for warranty work, paying shipping at all?

I can see daylight between the upper and lower except were the retaining pin is on the receiver and the back pin so just getting a poor 3 pont contact

CGN Regular
    How's the reliability on these guys?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    Mine never skip a beat!

Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Well receive my MV today, I waited by the window from 8 am to 3h45 pm!

First of I am very happy ! I love the look, the feel and the handling. Pictures then observation

First picture : naked with Fortis handguard, mft minimalist stock and hogue grip: 6 pound 10 onces ( no mag)

Then as configured with loaner Leupold vx-r 4-12×40, aero precision mount and 2 small keymod rail: 7 pound 14 onces (no mag)

With qd bipod and and inforce 500 lumen/IR light : 9 pound 1 onces (no mag)

All that thanks to the mft stock, aero precision ultralight and the 14.6 oz leupold scope

Now what I noticed, I had to give a quarter plus turn on both the screws that hold the were pad for the charging handle as they were pertruding and the handle was rubbing of the finish. NOT a big deal don't care it took 2 second to fix. There seem to be a minimal up and down play in the rear trunnion that engage the lower and upper, its not a big deal since it doesn't affect accuracy and I will easily take care of that. Lastly looking down the bore at about 10 o'clock there is almost no clearance between the gas block and rail and very little force is needed for the gas block to make contact with the rail here and there is faire amout of clearance at 2 o'clock and up and down. Now for that it could be an accuracy killer imo? But I will wait for eather atrs to chime in or I will give them a call in the next couple of days. So I am not shipping it back for that as I am in N-B , I expect that after first consulting with atrs I will be taking a dremel to the inside of the rail to give me extra clearence.

Part from the last issue I am 100% happy with this and with the clearance issue I am still at 97% since its a 2 minutes fix.

I love the versatility of the package as I am able to swich my 2 bipod ( cheap cadwell on mft qd mount {pictured } and Sierra S7) between my DD M4V5, MV, BF M14 and lss-xl 10tr and my inforce light between the DD and MV. Also with front and rear handguard qd cup, magpul asap qd cup and the mft minimalist stock bottom qd cup its going to be great with my magpul ms4 sling switching from single to double point sling.

I borrowed the leupold from my RFB and I will need in the neer future decide what scope I put on this.its going to be a battle of price vs weigh vs capability/versatility. I am looking at the leupold vx6 hd 1-6, burris xtr ii 1-8, trijicon accupoint 1-6 and trijicon accuepower 1-8 ; maybe even the primary arms 1-8. Decision decisions. Also I will be ditching the A2 bird cage soon.
    Don't forget the sightron 1-7, I've been tempted by this model for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    I bin so busy I still haven't sent my MV back to ATRS at this point I would say the MV sucks but I will see how ATRS deal with the poor fit between upper and lower

Last edited by 6MT; 06-23-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    I bin so busy I still haven't sent my MV back to ATRS at this point I would say the MV sucks but I will see how ATRS deal with the poor fit between upper and lower
    do you want to sell it?
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    do you want to sell it?
    I'm hopping thy can fix or replace it as im I still hopping to get a 6.5 upper down the road
    I'm not happy about having to pay shipping for there mistake
    Last edited by carverk; 06-23-2017 at 04:29 PM.

If you're not happy with it I will take the rifle. Just a suggestion.
    CCFR — CSSA