Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 354547484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: The Varmints are coming!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tbough View Post
    I'm happy with my one piece Nikon M-223.
    Never seen those,on my search

Rally guy,are you using the extended mount or the regular? Mount.

They both look very much alike,from the pics.

Or would it matter,which one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    Rally guy,are you using the extended mount or the regular? Mount.

They both look very much alike,from the pics.

Or would it matter,which one.
    Well to me unless one is a tacticle operater that drop ofter is rifle and likes to discard it's scope mid ops in favor of ubber cool back up site I don't really see the point of qd scope mount , plus they don't really return to absolute zero.

Also I have both ap mount and I would say if your planning on mounting a scope with generous eye box like a 1-4 then a regular can work fine, but a scope with longer eye relief or small eye box the extended mount will bw needed. I have the regular on my dd with burris tac30 and it works perfecr but its at the end of the mounting distance.

Quote Originally Posted by tbough View Post
    I would also appreciate a response to this from ATRS. They seem to be reluctant to give us the facts on this. Is the barrel extension different? If so in what way?

Thanks.
    They replied to me a while back:

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...2#post13831062

Basically, it's an AR barrel with the alignment pin at the bottom instead. You are going to want to use a reaction rod to install.

I have a couple of aero precision lightweight mounts as well - they're excellent! Big fan of the one piece mounts - have tried the Burris and Leopold's as well - but these are my favorite so far. Lightweight, relatively inexpensive.

Had some of the QD Burris as well - then I realize I almost never take them off!

Have two of the extended - have full length pic rails on my handgurads so doesn't really matter but the extended work better for most purposes IMO. Have a 1-4 on one and a 2.5-10 on the other.
    Last edited by 700-223; 08-19-2017 at 10:36 PM.

I'll grab the extended one, just to be sure.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Hey,Rick,I just reread the first post,and it says,do not call or email,about your build.

Fair enough.

But , as I ordered early January,and was told ,I'd have my gun ,late May or early June.
    And we're now approximately 3 months over schedule,

Is that enough time for you to give a more accurate,delivery date?

Sorry, but it's getting late into the year, and I don't want to tie up your phone lines on business days.
    And I figured you use CGN in your free time

I'm the guy with the proof barrel and KAC hand guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    Hey,Rick,I just reread the first post,and it says,do not call or email,about your build.

Fair enough.

But , as I ordered early January,and was told ,I'd have my gun ,late May or early June.
    And we're now approximately 3 months over schedule,

Is that enough time for you to give a more accurate,delivery date?

Sorry, but it's getting late into the year, and I don't want to tie up your phone lines on business days.
    And I figured you use CGN in your free time

I'm the guy with the proof barrel and KAC hand guard.
    Hopefully they're not CGN'ing on their long weekend like the rest of us lol. I think the do not call was specific to the situation when the MV had first been released and they were assembling and shipping multiple rifles everyday. Like many shops, they can be working or answering the phone but not both simultaneously. The few times I have called every person I spoke with (including Rick) was courteous and helpful - but I did go out of my way to use as little of their time as possible FWIW. Looking forward to my next build with them. Think I'm going to pull the trigger on a Grendel upper for my MV finally. Some of the new ammo offerings from Federal, Hornady and others look pretty damn cool.

Eventually, I'd like to add a 6.5 creedmoor to the stable as well. Probably going to be Tikka CTR 24" but if I win the lottery or come into some money an ATRS version of a lightweight precision hunter would be awesome. You know, proof barrel, mcmillan/manners stock etc. Something like 8.5 lbs fully loaded with some good glass so its great for the range but light enough to take hunting. Really tempted to sell my MV and buy an MH in 6.5 Creedmoor but love the weight and feel of the MV. Between it and my 7mm bolt action, a Grendel upper makes the most sense for me. Coyote = 223, deer = Grendel, everything else = 7mm RM. For shooting steel at the range, a creedmoor probably makes more sense at least from a recoil:ballistics ratio. My 7mm is nice to shoot, but can't pretend I can be back on target before the bullet hits the target. People claim they can with a precision Creedmoor... should be able to with a Grendel as well...

PS Rick, please bring in some of that Federal 120gr Fusion and some of the Hornady 123gr; should be a great hunting round... One of the things keeping me on the fence is that I don't reload, and I see you're sold out of Grendel ammo last time I checked...

I've called a few times,and they have been nice enough.
    But I just keep getting the same answer, which is,a couple more weeks.

And when I call,I always make a payment,it was my excuse to call

But I only have one more payment left....

I'm just getting antsy, snow will soon be flying,and all.

I'm very interested in the Grendel as well, I think it would make a great ,close range,moose gun.

But I'll be using my 7 mm this year,as well.

Should have my powder and bullets tomorrow, gives me a couple of weeks to find a load,she likes