Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2333353637383940414243444546474849505153 ... LastLast

Thread: The Varmints are coming!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    I can't fault the various LE guys for not being 100% up to date on all the gun laws, as for so long if it was black meant it was restricted. To have proof that your rifle is NOT restricted on the spot can save a number of headaches.
    This I learned from experience back when we were in the initial testing stages with the 1st Hunter.
    Truthfully it's not even only LE, I am also afraid of fellow hunters who cross my path without bothering to ask and just signal me in.

Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Lastly looking down the bore at about 10 o'clock there is almost no clearance between the gas block and rail and very little force is needed for the gas block to make contact with the rail here and there is faire amout of clearance at 2 o'clock and up and down. Now for that it could be an accuracy killer imo? But I will wait for eather atrs to chime in or I will give them a call in the next couple of days. So I am not shipping it back for that as I am in N-B , I expect that after first consulting with atrs I will be taking a dremel to the inside of the rail to give me extra clearence.

Part from the last issue I am 100% happy with this and with the clearance issue I am still at 97% since its a 2 minutes fix.
    The low clearance of the gas block and the flex of the Fortis hand-guard can impact you're accuracy. On my modern hunter I ended up notching the handguard so that if it flexed the gas block doesn't touch anything. I kind of wish that I had gone with a slightly shorter handguard but after notching the handguard everything has been good.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Has any body swap there bolt? Would that impact warranty?

CGN Regular
    Hey ATRS any option of a chrome lined barrel? I get its not the best for accuracy. But im thinking one upper is SS heavy barrel and another in chrome lined light barrel.

How about a narrower profile barrel and a .750 diameter gas block to clear the Handguard?
    CCFR — CSSA

I just ordered my modern varmint the other day. I was just wondering what the average wait time is right now. I know the website says around 6 months.

Thanks Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rstjean View Post
    I just ordered my modern varmint the other day. I was just wondering what the average wait time is right now. I know the website says around 6 months.

Thanks Ryan.
    I'm really curious as well.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KND View Post
    I'm really curious as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rstjean View Post

Thanks Ryan.
    The average wait time is still around 6 months. This is by no means an exact date or precise measurement, and is simply our estimation of how long based off our experience of ordering from our different suppliers along with our own production schedule.

Made it to the range yesterday for some more ammo testing. Fired some AE 55g FMJ, Nosler VM 55g, Hornady Superperformance 75g BTHP. Liking this rifle more and more with time. Nosler Varmeggedon still its favorite, but the groups from the other two seem to be tightening up after 160rds through it. No reliability issues and the ATRS mags I have work and look great. They dropped out slowly at first, but now fall freely. Only a 40 yd indoor range, no chance to do formal accuracy testing so won't report on that. FYI - I have the Proof Carbon barrel, haven't tried the ATRS brake yet either. Not really a fan of brakes in general, especially indoors. But should be just the ticket for gopher and coyote hunting!

Have previously used/owned XCR-L's, an M. Have unfortunately never owned an AR. While I love their ergonomics, the MV is more accurate in my hands. The trigger in particular is significantly better. Ergo's on the MV are good and I'm very happy thus far.

Last I heard, ATR was still playing with some prototypes in other caliber's. Really hoping they do decide to do a 6.8 (preferred as I have another rifle in this caliber) or a 6.5. While I like my bolt actions, I was thinking at the range yesterday that I do prefer shooting a semi-auto and would start using it for hunting if I could get it in a legal big game caliber. Will wait and see I guess. Once ATR decides if they will or won't offer other caliber's for the MV, I guess I'll have to decide if I'll switch to a MH in Creedmoor or be happy with my 243 or 7 mm rem mag.

I have a birthday in June, so if they happened to make a decision by then I could decide what I'm going to do . Nudge, nudge...

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 700-223 View Post
    Made it to the range yesterday for some more ammo testing. Fired some AE 55g FMJ, Nosler VM 55g, Hornady Superperformance 75g BTHP. Liking this rifle more and more with time. Nosler Varmeggedon still its favorite, but the groups from the other two seem to be tightening up after 160rds through it. No reliability issues and the ATRS mags I have work and look great. They dropped out slowly at first, but now fall freely. Only a 40 yd indoor range, no chance to do formal accuracy testing so won't report on that. FYI - I have the Proof Carbon barrel, haven't tried the ATRS brake yet either. Not really a fan of brakes in general, especially indoors. But should be just the ticket for gopher and coyote hunting!

Have previously used/owned XCR-L's, an M. Have unfortunately never owned an AR. While I love their ergonomics, the MV is more accurate in my hands. The trigger in particular is significantly better. Ergo's on the MV are good and I'm very happy thus far.

Last I heard, ATR was still playing with some prototypes in other caliber's. Really hoping they do decide to do a 6.8 (preferred as I have another rifle in this caliber) or a 6.5. While I like my bolt actions, I was thinking at the range yesterday that I do prefer shooting a semi-auto and would start using it for hunting if I could get it in a legal big game caliber. Will wait and see I guess. Once ATR decides if they will or won't offer other caliber's for the MV, I guess I'll have to decide if I'll switch to a MH in Creedmoor or be happy with my 243 or 7 mm rem mag.

I have a birthday in June, so if they happened to make a decision by then I could decide what I'm going to do . Nudge, nudge...
    I find that pictures speak louder than words... With that being said, stay tuned to our Instagram/Facebook and Youtube as I'm hoping to get some testing done coming up quick here.