Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Heckler & Koch to supply 101,000 HK416s to French army

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nowarningshot View Post
    Perhaps they passed the drop test.
    "Want to buy some ARVN rifles? Never been fired and only dropped once!"

Quote Originally Posted by mikethebike View Post
    You been following the French armed forces lately?
    No joke those guys.
    Let's just say they are not shy about dropping bombs.
    The jokes and rivalry goes back before the Napoleonic wars. They weren't a joke then either! I'm sure they had many English jokes themselves. The quick surrenders in WWI and WWII were most likely a result of the government of the day, rather than the efforts of their actual military and individual soldiers. No need to get all serious. On a side note, I've always wanted a FAMAS. But of course they were prohibited.
    Last edited by Epoxy7; 09-12-2016 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    To all the people keep talking trash of the French and regurgitating the age old white flag joke, give your head a shake.

https://chrishernandezauthor.com/201...e-french-army/

http://www.stripes.com/news/french-m...troops-1.96007

And they actually launched an airborne assault in mali- last time someone did an airborne assault was probably back in the 80's by the US rangers in Grenada, and they were only jumping because the runway was screwed up..
    VERY interesting articles, Greentips, thanks. I knew a young Canadian that went and served 5 years with the Foreign Legion. He cumulated more operational experience in those five years than most of our people do in their entire career. Some of the stuff he recounted was rather hair-rising, too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rebel Rouser's Avatar
    Is it still going to be called le Clairon "the Bugle".

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"
    Colt Firearms advertising slogan.
    Diemaco #1 Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Grawfr View Post
    VERY interesting articles, Greentips, thanks. I knew a young Canadian that went and served 5 years with the Foreign Legion. He cumulated more operational experience in those five years than most of our people do in their entire career. Some of the stuff he recounted was rather hair-rising, too.
    This! The French special forces have been highly active and effective for decades in Africa. The FFL is no joke and those troops see a lot of action compared to other nato forces.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Soldiers from FFL are hardly your typical "French" dudes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QDnB6dMAb0

This is a pretty good documentary put out by the french government explaining operations in Mali.

(kind of a cool concept showing people back home how tax payer dollars are being used, without some kind of spin on it)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    looks for RIMA, RPIMA and FUSCO there is not only FFL for top notch units ...

i was proud to serve in RIMA unit.

. Error please ignore
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    "Want to buy some ARVN rifles? Never been fired and only dropped once!"

The jokes and rivalry goes back before the Napoleonic wars. They weren't a joke then either! I'm sure they had many English jokes themselves. The quick surrenders in WWI and WWII were most likely a result of the government of the day, rather than the efforts of their actual military and individual soldiers. No need to get all serious. On a side note, I've always wanted a FAMAS. But of course they were prohibited.
    Quick surrender in WW1?!?! You have no idea what you are talking about. The French fought off the best army in the world for four years and won at the cost of million of lives.
    As for the WW2 the Germans lost that war, mostly thanks to the russians (80pecent of all German casualties were cause by the russians). Still the French were on the winning side in the end.
    :D

I wonder, coming off of the Famas which had a 19.something inch barrel, what barrel length they went with for their 416s.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast