Heckler & Koch to supply 101,000 HK416s to French army

this means bullpup is a failure, it's going to fade away in time

I don't think so. The Tavor has done pretty well and it's the latest of the bullpup designs.

I agree with Epoxy. It is not that the bullpups will go away. I probably has more to do with the fact that the FAMAS has not been updated (not including the Felin) since 1994. It is probably a lot cheaper to buy a proven off-the-shelf rifle that meets modern requirements then to redesign the FAMAS. It also has the added benefits that the new rifle will work with NATO spec ammo, and is easier to mount optics and accessories too.

Looks like the German is going to put in the first step to replace G36 with G38 aka Hk416 in a wholesale manner. They are putting out a tender of 630 million euro for 120k units, and wanting to get the first G38 in 2019. The deal is that the German will ride along with the French purchase, and German will just take the French trial testing data for evaluation . Not sure how that will work out with the procurement procedures, but looks like hk 416 will be EU standard small arms at the rate this is going.

Looks like the German is going to put in the first step to replace G36 with G38 aka Hk416 in a wholesale manner. They are putting out a tender of 630 million euro for 120k units, and wanting to get the first G38 in 2019. The deal is that the German will ride along with the French purchase, and German will just take the French trial testing data for evaluation . Not sure how that will work out with the procurement procedures, but looks like hk 416 will be EU standard small arms at the rate this is going.

But Colt Canada is still the best because SAS. :rolleyes:

I thought the germans are going for the hk433? Because reasons?

How durable are the HK? Will they survive the drop test?

������������

Will they survive the drop test? You realize this is the rifle that's replacing pretty much everything from any nation that has a budget bigger than peanuts right? It exceeds the m4/m16 in pretty much every regard with the only downside being it being heavier.

������������

Will they survive the drop test? You realize this is the rifle that's replacing pretty much everything from any nation that has a budget bigger than peanuts right? It exceeds the m4/m16 in pretty much every regard with the only downside being it being heavier.

On a related topic, did.you hear about the.French tank, 6 speed gear box .....All reverse.

Back
Top Bottom