Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: LSS-22 Chassis for Rimfire Bolt Action Rifles

Thank you Pascal for all this information.

I see you are using an older box of SK Rifle Match and it made a lovely group. From the title, I suppose this 54 setup in LSS-22 shoots better then before ?

I mostly run the waxy SK Magazine in my 64.

@TAC21 BTW, does the LSS-22 come ready to mount the night vision mount?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    @pascalp. I thought the 54 action u have in the mdt chassis was a 1710 heavy barrel! It looks like a heavy barrel to me. I had a 1712 once and it was a thinner looking barrel. Do your u know if a heavy barrel 54 would fit properly and free float proper in that mdt chassis?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike112288 View Post
    @pascalp. I thought the 54 action u have in the mdt chassis was a 1710 heavy barrel! It looks like a heavy barrel to me. I had a 1712 once and it was a thinner looking barrel. Do your u know if a heavy barrel 54 would fit properly and free float proper in that mdt chassis?
    A Heavy Barrel is no problem and will free float. As long as it is no larger than 1" in diameter at the front of the fore-end of the chassis.
    Modular Driven Technologies Corp (MDT)
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MDTTAC21
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MDTTac

MDT LSS-22 and 64MPR tested. Assembling action and LSS is no problem, it fit tight and nicely.

Weather is colder every day, -3°C 27°F. I was obliged to keep gloves, and 2 stage trigger 250g 9oz with gloves is touchy.

A nice piece of work.

The scope is an old Tasco 24x44 with hair-dot 1/8 reticule.

The heavy match barrel, free floating.

100m 110y, SK Rifle Match.

Not bad for a first day. Not as good as the 54 but weather was colder and gloves didn't help.

To be honest, it's to soon to say how they shoot better than before LSS-22.
    The benefit on comfort is great, it tend to make shooting easier. Good hold, positive let off, if the shooter is at work, results follows.
    I've a good feeling about the mount quality and obviously it will improve overall performance.
    The 1712 barrel wasn't free, now it is.

I had already upgraded the stock of the 64MPR, so difference is lesser than with factory stock.

Side by side 64MPR and 1712. The 1712 have thinner barrel than 1710, but it shoot so good while being light to carry.

A closer view of channels and barrels

64MPR and my old 1607 (match grade 54) have the same kind of barrel. Maybe modern 54 have a beefier barrel.

Problem with "real" Match 54 is the bulky 5071 or 5018 trigger.
    A 5018 and a LSS-22

A 1607 with 5071 trigger and a LSS-22

CGN Ultra frequent flyer icedragonmx's Avatar
    I am just going to leave this as a teaser till I can get some paint on my grinder marks, lol ...

I really hope MDT will do a proper inlet for the 1727F, 1827F and new 1927F when it comes out (one size fits all). That would be a cool way to re-purpose the biathlon rifles too
    Wishing for a endless supply of ammo........

Did u actually chop that stock up dragon dude?!on the flip side that's teasing me like a banshee !! Soon as mdt has a chassis built for the model I'm snatching it up

Again, much obliged Pascal for the pictures and commentary.

Speaking of the light to carry 1712, tonight I showed myself how much the MPR is a beast to handle off-hand with a 4-14 30mm heavy glass atop. I need to train my arms if I intend to shoot this way.

I may need a lighter solution for offhand.

Pascal, how balanced is the MPR in the LSS-22 ? Is the PRS buttstock (I presume that is what you have) enough to offset the heavy barrel and gain equilibrium?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer icedragonmx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike112288 View Post
    Did u actually chop that stock up dragon dude?!on the flip side that's teasing me like a banshee !! Soon as mdt has a chassis built for the model I'm snatching it up
    I did! My apologizes to MDT for treating a wickedly nice chassis in such a bad way but I did "almost" make it fit. It works perfect but requires too much material off the inside just over the trigger guard to fit the 5020 trigger. Will post more pics when the paint dries and I have it all together. I am rocking a 1727F in a folding chassis
    Wishing for a endless supply of ammo........

Dyna I would've waited till they got one made for it lol I'm almost crying here such a nice chassis grinded on haha

Ice, you crack me up buddy! I have a real nice 1712 in the new LSS that looks good.......still can't believe you sold it lol.

Don't worry about avoiding temptation...As you grow older, it will avoid you.