Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A request for the XCR

Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    I like the idea, but cost needs to be considered. An 8-900 dollar barrel or conversion is out of the question for me.
    My own experience is limited. But the .22LR conversions that I have shot before, were always just a different bolt and magazine. The barrel stayed the same. No changes to the barrel, tolerances between .22LR and 5.56mm are not that different. Not the most accurate, but good for training the fundamentals of shooting principles cheaply. Or where there are restrictions with the backstop. Essentially, you have a blow back rim fire rifle.

This is not like a hand gun conversion.
    Is Russian gun. Big paperclip is hold together. Not safe. Is gun. Hit sight with hammer. Use gun for hammer. All same.
    - SgtR; from a thread talking about adjusting the sights on a Tokarev tt-33 on http://www.tallahasseegunforum.com/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    How about getting the XCR made to accept AK pattern mags????
    I don't care about 10 rnds as they never seem to function properly for me as it is
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Interested in a 22lr conversion

CGN frequent flyer
    If there was a cheap .22 conversion for an XCR, id buy one again and probably keep it this time. If the conversion ended up costing $5-600, it would loose all interest for me. Love the idea though.

To stay competitive this would need to be <$400
    Why wouldn't I just buy a cheap 22 semi and have both?

A spare barrel alone from Wolverine is something crazy like $600. You're dreaming if you think a 22 conversion will be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by scuba View Post
    My own experience is limited. But the .22LR conversions that I have shot before, were always just a different bolt and magazine. The barrel stayed the same. No changes to the barrel, tolerances between .22LR and 5.56mm are not that different. Not the most accurate, but good for training the fundamentals of shooting principles cheaply. Or where there are restrictions with the backstop. Essentially, you have a blow back rim fire rifle.

This is not like a hand gun conversion.
    How does the 22lr chamber in a 223 barrel? That must be some funky looking bolt.
    CSSA Lifetime member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by mobusten View Post
    A spare barrel alone from Wolverine is something crazy like $600. You're dreaming if you think a 22 conversion will be cheap.
    That is the thing, you don't need a new barrel for a .22LR conversion in some rifles. Just a bolt swap and magazine. It won't be the most accurate thing. Do a google search for AR-15 and you see kits for them in the US for around $140USD.

Quote Originally Posted by ianfroese View Post
    How does the 22lr chamber in a 223 barrel? That must be some funky looking bolt.
    I struggle to post pictures through a hosting service, but you can see them on Cheaperthandirt and Brownells sites. Like I said, the kits make the rifle function like a blow back firearm. Pretty simple, nothing fancy at all.
    Is Russian gun. Big paperclip is hold together. Not safe. Is gun. Hit sight with hammer. Use gun for hammer. All same.
    - SgtR; from a thread talking about adjusting the sights on a Tokarev tt-33 on http://www.tallahasseegunforum.com/

The .22LR AR-15 conversion bolts essentially have a .223 / 5.56 cartridge shaped extrusion that acts as the chamber for the .22LR cartridge.

Oh cool I never knew that's how they worked

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast