Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Very Disappointed

Epps shipped my rifle today for the price we agreed upon. I had no idea they sold delicious jerky tho.
    Thanks Guys.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    A rifle you wanted to buy was out of stock at one store so you asked another store if you could have the competitors out of stock item at their price?

I'm no Elwood Epps fan but they probably should have told you how ridiculous your question was in the first place. Nice of them to offer it up anyways I guess.
    Last edited by GuiltySpark; 09-21-2016 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    I'm confused by this part. Savage dictates how much you sell a rifle for? One would have thought that you can sell anything in your store for any price you want.
    Lots of companies have MSRP's that they give retailers. They also include a price that they don't want anyone selling below. Otherwise the retailer gets blacklisted and dropped as a carrier for their product. Mostly happens with higher end stuff, not sure about Savage though.
    "You went full retard, man... Never go full retard."

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    A rifle you wanted to buy was out of stock at one store so you asked another store if you could have the competitors out of stock item at their price?

I'm no Elwood Epps fan but they probably should have told you how ridiculous your question was in the first place. Nice of them to offer it up anyways I guess.

Lots of companies match sale prices. Depends how much they want the business.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower_83 View Post
    Lots of companies match sale prices. Depends how much they want the business.
    If you ran a business and I asked you to give me a discount on an item you stocked that I was going to buy at another store who was selling it for cheaper who was out of stock would you give me the discount?

Sounds like a bit of confusion and communication issue. I like how the Customer service jumped in and resolved the issue to your satisfaction.
    Unfortunate that you had to go the full route, but also impressed that they examined and resolved satisfactorily.
    I feel like you should change your title to 'was disappointed, but now resolved complaint to my satisfaction'.

I seem to be using satisfaction a lot here. Feel like I should work in a 'I can't get no'
    "No matter where you go, there you are" Buckaroo Bonzai

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    If you ran a business and I asked you to give me a discount on an item you stocked that I was going to buy at another store who was selling it for cheaper who was out of stock would you give me the discount?
    That statement seems disingenuous. In his lengthy description he stated that he TOLD them he would either buy the alternative calibre at that price, but would prefer the other caliber and would buy from them if they would price match. If that is how it went down, he was totally up front and stated that he would buy the 308 if they couldn't price match on the 7mm-08.
    I've done that in negotiations, with the key operative being transparent and honest about it. The story given meets all my criteria for that, and it seems that the store agreed to it, so much so that they checked and honored it.
    "No matter where you go, there you are" Buckaroo Bonzai

CGN frequent flyer
    Epps has always been great to me. Mike T is top notch to deal with and knows his stuff.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aries-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    I'm confused by this part. Savage dictates how much you sell a rifle for? One would have thought that you can sell anything in your store for any price you want.
    Nope. The canadian distributors dictate a "Minimum advertised price" distributors threaten to stop selling to that dealer.

BANNED
    I think the retailer made good on the original discussed transaction, but this hub-bub all could of been much smoother if done from the start.

I side 60/40 in favor of the purchaser on this one.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast