Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Shotgun of the Year: 1919 Match~ BACK IN STOCK!! *GENERATION 2*

CGN frequent flyer
    I foresee gen 1s hitting the EE
    CCFR Member

Does this one load on a closed bolt? I'd like to use it for ducks and turrs but it would be a pain to only have the use of 2 rounds in the Mag and none in the chamber.
    SJRGC
    Disclaimer: This post was generated by a robot. The contents of this posting are the ownership of the post creator, and may not be used, reproduced, or copied without the permission of the post creator.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NLGT View Post
    Does this one load on a closed bolt? I'd like to use it for ducks and turrs but it would be a pain to only have the use of 2 rounds in the Mag and none in the chamber.
    Just tried it, yes it does.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Alloy lower receiver is this aluminum or some cheap pot metal also is the buffer tube for rear stock replaceable would like to install my hydrolic recoil reducing buffer tube to reduce recoil

Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    Just tried it, yes it does.
    I can certainly see one of these in my future then.

Wondering as above as well the lower material, doesn't seem to make mention of it. Very affordable upgrade, I'll say that. Maybe polymer would do me better with the chance of using it on salt water anyways. Gonna be cleaned the same either way so it shouldn't matter.
    Last edited by NLGT; 09-19-2016 at 07:30 AM.
    SJRGC
    Disclaimer: This post was generated by a robot. The contents of this posting are the ownership of the post creator, and may not be used, reproduced, or copied without the permission of the post creator.

Awesome! May have to upgrade my Gen 1 to this!!!

Too bad they didn't include the two small issues with the Gen one though. That being, two raised sections on either side of the bolt release to protect it from being pressed when you place the shotgun down on the left side with the bolt open, and a better, larger, less rounded safety that you can easily flip with your thumb. The small, plastic, rounded top one that it comes with is difficult to use.

The other upgrades seem great!! My Gen one works perfectly! I'm taking it out duck hunting this weekend to see how it does! Hope they decoy well as I'm thinking that with the short barrel, you aren't going to be making any clean shots over about 25 yards without some kind of aftermarket long range steel choke installed.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverS4 View Post
    I foresee gen 1s hitting the EE
    Agreed, the forend alone is similar to a Tooth and Nail Level 10 which is $225 USD.

Any demo we can try in Montreal area?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrXenon View Post
    What do you need a brake on a 5.56mm firearm for? You should just slip a maxipad under your bra strap to dampen the hellish recoil.
    Spock to Kirk:
    "Logic dictates Captain. If Pro-Gunners are as violent as Anti-Gunners say they are, there would not be any Anti-Gunners left."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitsauce View Post
    Awesome! May have to upgrade my Gen 1 to this!!!

Too bad they didn't include the two small issues with the Gen one though. That being, two raised sections on either side of the bolt release to protect it from being pressed when you place the shotgun down on the left side with the bolt open, and a better, larger, less rounded safety that you can easily flip with your thumb. The small, plastic, rounded top one that it comes with is difficult to use.

The other upgrades seem great!! My Gen one works perfectly! I'm taking it out duck hunting this weekend to see how it does! Hope they decoy well as I'm thinking that with the short barrel, you aren't going to be making any clean shots over about 25 yards without some kind of aftermarket long range steel choke installed.

Ian
    Looking at buying one of these, but with the 18.5" adverts mk10 I was able to drop a turky at 60 yards. Carlson Mobil chokes are a difference maker in these guns no need for the 30" barrel to get decent groupings at 50yards. Not to mention spend a few bucks and get some high quality ammo and you will have no issues smoking ducks, formation geese that's another story but I digress lol. Enjoy!!!
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

Any opinions about the polymer vs metal lower?