Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CSAAA Position Statement on Firearms Marking Regulation

CSAAA Position Statement on Firearms Marking Regulation

CGN Regular
    So discouraging.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    A incredibly long document. What i get, is that we already comply to pretty much everything. Big sticking point is marking each gun. Only way to really do it is with a CNC laser etching, machines to do this often run $100K, small business cannot afford this, and a cost, estimated at $200/firearm, would be passed on to consumers.

What i would see is that if this big initial cost is passed on to importers, they will simply import something else. Consumers, already paying much more for firearms than US customers will simply stay away from Canadian business's and a entire industry and thousands of jobs will collapse.

Lieberals dont care, the only solution is to relegate them back to non official party next election.

So my hope is that the Lieberals will have succeeded in uniting a group that is fiercely independant and splintered into many different interests. Something that our orgs have never been able to do. So thanks Lieberals, 2.2 million licensed firearms owners, mostly active voters, and their families and friends are coming for you.
    Last edited by nowarningshot; 09-23-2016 at 11:54 AM.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    [QUOTE=nowarningshot;130235

Lieberals dont care, the only solution is to relegate them back to non official party next election.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the eastern provinces will not allow this to happen!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Have some faith in our little potato. Not even a year in, given 3 more years, the hair will start to turn grey, the face get wrinkled, and he will prove that he is the most unqualified person ever to be PM in this country.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    Can we do anything to make this disappear? I really do not want to mark my fire arms, some are older than me and I feel it would ruin it
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmichelin84 View Post
    Can we do anything to make this disappear? I really do not want to mark my fire arms, some are older than me and I feel it would ruin it
    You won't have to do old firearms.

But the regulations are still ridiculous.

I'm sad to say that this position of the CSAAA will likely encourage the Liberals.
    Basically, it makes guns more expensive/less affordable thereby discouraging the purchase of new firearms. (NB: it won't discourage me)
    A bonus is that marking up guns upsets gun owners. The Liberals love these things. This has nothing to do with increasing safety for anyone, anywhere.

Again, the #'s from StatsCan and police statistics show, UNEQUIVOCALLY, that over the last 10 yrs the number of gun owners and the number of guns (particularly restricted guns) have steadily increased. This increase happened in the context of the AMNESTY for registering guns with the useless LGR in 2006 and the scrapping of the LGR in 2012. AND YET crime, violent crime and gun crime have been steadily dropping over this same time period.
    Furthermore, we know from StatsCan and police stats that the vast majority of guns used in crime in Canada are stolen handguns from the USA.

Liberals are not just anti-firearms, they are anti-fact and anti-rationality.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

What a joke. The UN. I don't believe this regulation will result in a reductuion of small arms in conflict zones.

I just called the CSAAA, they have a typo in their footer.... They said they appreciated the heads up. My break is over, back to work

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast