Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: CSAAA Position Statement on Firearms Marking Regulation

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinCalgary View Post
    I get that we are upset with the Liberals, but it says in the first sentence the government signed this in 2001 and created the law in 2004. I am not a real political junkie but that wasn't Trudeau, I think it might have been someone else. Seems to me that the both Conservatives who had years to fix this, and Liberals are behind this. Not sure why we are hearing this now, when it might have been better to deal with it a few years ago.
    2001 was......Jean Chrétien

2004 was......Paul Martin

Both Liberals........both Scum
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Basically, the CSSA had just given the liberals a roadmap on how to destroy gun ownership in canada. Without enacting any new law. Maybe not the best of all ideas.

If it looks like this will pass, I'm gonna get a gazilion of cheap norincos right before. These will re-sell at much, much higher price if that thing passes. Actually, it might not be worth it to buy inexpensive firearms anymore. Adding 200$ to a 1500$ gun isn't exactly funny, but tacking on a 200$ marking fee to a 400$ norinco plainly and simply makes that gun not worth buying. It's literaly a 200$ tax on every firearm.

-"Hey Bob, you remember the good old days when we could buy a norinco for 300$? Now they're going for 600$!"
    -"Jim, of course I remember, that was a year ago"
    Your math is a bit off,

"hey Bob, you remember the good old days when I bought all those norincos for $300? now they are worthless because I can't sell them without paying to get a useless engraving on it"

You can bet that a person sending in a firearm for engraving is going to pay more than a business would. Since they would be sending in bulk.

Wow!!! Maybe the Liberals see this as a way to finance Trudeau’s world tour.

Is he doing anything for us or just building Sophie’s Selfie collection?

Let’s just get this over with!
    http://www.cknw.com/2016/09/25/lets-...ins-attention/
    "IF you plan, work, revise and persist, you can become what others call LUCKY."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Time to wake up, this is a done deal, thank all those who voted liberal! and the dealers who keep their heads in the sand! and don't get political active because they are afraid of been targeted! What a joke!!! Time to wake up and smell the coffee.
    Yup. That ship has sailed. The Liberals were very open about their intentions to ratify this treaty. Nevertheless, many members on this site undermined and attacked the CPC constantly, others voted Liberal and the President of the NFA ran against the CPC. Those of us who donated, supported and volunteered for the CPC in the last election can at the very least sleep well at night.

So this thing has been in the works for almost 16 years and neither Liberal or Conservative governments, none of the retailers, nor any of the lobby organizations that I pay fees to bother to change it, or even bring it up until it's going into effect. Instead, one of my lobby organizations just spent all of their legal budget on defending a 22 cal magazine. In one of the posts someone said this is a done deal. At least that I can agree with.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggseven View Post
    Your math is a bit off,

"hey Bob, you remember the good old days when I bought all those norincos for $300? now they are worthless because I can't sell them without paying to get a useless engraving on it"

You can bet that a person sending in a firearm for engraving is going to pay more than a business would. Since they would be sending in bulk.
    Nope, engraving will only apply to newly built in canada or imported after june 2017. If a distributor or retailer stock up, he could be good for a year or two.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeinCalgary View Post
    So this thing has been in the works for almost 16 years and neither Liberal or Conservative governments, none of the retailers, nor any of the lobby organizations that I pay fees to bother to change it, or even bring it up until it's going into effect. Instead, one of my lobby organizations just spent all of their legal budget on defending a 22 cal magazine. In one of the posts someone said this is a done deal. At least that I can agree with.
    The CSSA has been working on this non-stop for many years

I suspect that after lobbying the Conservative government for years, and now trying the Trudeau government, we don't have any support on this whatsoever. The effort should be on how to do this cheaply, quickly and without wrecking our expensive actions. What a friggin mess.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345