Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: British Special Forces 3rd Gen Integrated Upper Receiver’s from Colt Canada

Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    It looks like that dude is running a Serpa level 3 holster....
    He is. These dudes were also reported to be "local emergency response force" operatives attached to the local Police in London. Pretty sure it's safe to say that it's actually the SAS though, based off the Colt Canada IUR SFW rifles and their kit in general. Backpack wireless jamming units, etc.

I don't typically criticize tier 1 operators on their choice of equipment. Pretty sure they're experienced enough to make up their own minds as to what works well for them.

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    SAS 10.5 are back in stock!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    How? I thought once these were gone they were gone?

Didn't you know that's a Colt Canada sales tactic.

Let us all think it's a special one time only deal; then let more of the same product out onto the market later as they see fit. This after everyone was sold (ie. 'tricked') on the idea it's was a one time only rare offer...

Don't get me wrong I love CC kit, but their sales tactics leave a lot of room for improvement.

Cheers D
    Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    yeah their stripped lowers came out at $450 limited run people buying them up and then flipping for $200 more. Now down to $200 and no shortage of them at that price. I'll wait for the next to last batch and see what the price is then before I jump on these

But dont let me stop ya if you got the cash go for it

Not knockin Nordic Marksman they are just the retailer offering us product but Colt Canada and their limited editions and one off's has worn pretty thin.
    Last edited by Komodo; 01-18-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    All we can do is go by what we are told. As for it being a sales tactic, I dont think so. First and foremost, Colt Canada's civie sales are not high on there priority list
    as they cater to Defense and LE contracts. We asked Odel for more*, they asked and we got em. Im happy they arrived.

Kudos to O'dell for constantly working to get us lower prices from Colt as well. We (Nordic) push for lower prices all the time. Sometimes I must sound like a broken record.

Edit...We actually asked for and ordered 20 of them, but O'Dell could only get us 10 of them...

Name:  51e60161-3dc4-4090-8ad1-5562908d2c85.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  65.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Marksman View Post
    All we can do is go by what we are told. As for it being a sales tactic, I dont think so. First and foremost, Colt Canada's civie sales are not high on there priority list
    as they cater to Defense and LE contracts. We asked Odel for more*, they asked and we got em. Im happy they arrived.

Kudos to O'dell for constantly working to get us lower prices from Colt as well. We (Nordic) push for lower prices all the time. Sometimes I must sound like a broken record.

Edit...We actually asked for and ordered 20 of them, but O'Dell could only get us 10 of them...

Name:  51e60161-3dc4-4090-8ad1-5562908d2c85.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  65.8 KB
    Tactic or not it's a hard pill to swallow when you are expecting the product to be a one time release (making for a more rare and collectable item) and then more show up at a later date.

Saying that, I do respect that it's not your intention (Nordic Marksman) to offer items this way and I do appreciate the fact that Colt Canada products are made available to the public.

Cheers D
    Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

How dare they let others buy my "limited edition" toy? I wanted to gouge prices on EE!!! How dare they release this again? I don't want other kids to have the same toys as mine!

Pathetic adults.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    How dare they let others buy my "limited edition" toy? I wanted to gouge prices on EE!!! How dare they release this again? I don't want other kids to have the same toys as mine!

Pathetic adults.
    You are missing the point. Saying this will be a one time thing then selling them again a few months down the road at magically lower prices out of nowhere. That's just bad business practice and doesn't do much for customer loyalty. At this point why not just sit back and wait for potential "blemished" or a 3rd run of uppers for an ever less expensive price? You know there will be a batch coming in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    You are missing the point. Saying this will be a one time thing then selling them again a few months down the road at magically lower prices out of nowhere. That's just bad business practice and doesn't do much for customer loyalty. At this point why not just sit back and wait for potential "blemished" or a 3rd run of uppers for an ever less expensive price? You know there will be a batch coming in a year.
    So what would you have the retailer do when the manufacturer is offering a new stock? Decline to retail the product?

I'm not sure who is being blamed here, the retailer or the manufacturer?
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.